Tuff Shed - anyone got one?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking for a shed and these seem pretty highly rated

Has anyone got one? what was the experience like?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They suck. Horrible experience. Stuff goes in and it locks and now can't get my stuff out:p

I don't know, I don't even own a shed LOL (cross-threading on his other post about generators and everyone has an opinion even those that don't own one:p )

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Around here I've researched all kinds of options including pole barns. Everlast seems to be pretty popular and they build on site from the ground up. We're planning on a 16x24 for this summer once I get the site work finished. If you're looking at a 10x12 plan on a 12x16 for "expansion". :D

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had an 8x10 for ten years and it's great. No issues whatsoever. I think it was a Lowes purchase, but maybe HD. The floor, walls, and roof panels are all preassembled. The workers come in, set the blocks on the ground and level them, then in just a few hours the whole thing is together. You will have to paint it obviously.

Reaction score
Well done! Yeap, when I get ready to do mine, I will build it myself. Will cost a quarter of what they are charging and certainly will be better made and with better materials. You just got to shop around and take your time.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
We're in a pickle here. I tore down two of the three, alleged, sheds the previous owners had built here. The one remaining shed has a bad roof and we had planned on tearing that down. Then I was going to prepare a base 20x28 for a 16x24 Everlast shed. Unfortunately lumber prices have gone insane and I strongly suspect the original estimate we got for that will be just a "little" on the low side, probably 50% more. So now we've got to decide if we should build the shed ourselves or just repair the roof, and sheathing, on that one remaining shed and try to get by with a single 8x10 shed. Everything that was in the two I tore down and everything other than the generator is in a 12x20 pop-up garage as a temporary storage solution. So I don't know how we can get 100 pounds of crap into a five pound bag.

Reaction score
We're in a pickle here. I tore down two of the three, alleged, sheds the previous owners had built here. The one remaining shed has a bad roof and we had planned on tearing that down. Then I was going to prepare a base 20x28 for a 16x24 Everlast shed. Unfortunately lumber prices have gone insane and I strongly suspect the original estimate we got for that will be just a "little" on the low side, probably 50% more. So now we've got to decide if we should build the shed ourselves or just repair the roof, and sheathing, on that one remaining shed and try to get by with a single 8x10 shed. Everything that was in the two I tore down and everything other than the generator is in a 12x20 pop-up garage as a temporary storage solution. So I don't know how we can get 100 pounds of crap into a five pound bag.
I cleaned out my 2 car garage last weekend after 8 months of just throwing stuff in there and accumulating. I reduced a lot of clutter and un-needed items by taking a pickup full of stuff to Salvation Army

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Already did that when we transferred everything into the pop-up garage. Three trips to the recycling center with the pick-up. A lawn tractor, 48" deck, big chipper/shredder, 26" snow thrower, rear tine roto tiller, fertilizers, seed, mulch, shovels, rakes, yadda yadda, ten five gallon gas cans, oil for the machines, repair parts for the machines, lumber and so on. That kind of stuff needs some room and extra space to maneuver it in and out. I actually figured a 16x24 would get a little tight with all this stuff. The one shed I tore down was 20x28 but a Quonset hut style so the headroom was restricted along the long walls.

Reaction score
Already did that when we transferred everything into the pop-up garage. Three trips to the recycling center with the pick-up. A lawn tractor, 48" deck, big chipper/shredder, 26" snow thrower, rear tine roto tiller, fertilizers, seed, mulch, shovels, rakes, yadda yadda, ten five gallon gas cans, oil for the machines, repair parts for the machines, lumber and so on. That kind of stuff needs some room and extra space to maneuver it in and out. I actually figured a 16x24 would get a little tight with all this stuff. The one shed I tore down was 20x28 but a Quonset hut style so the headroom was restricted along the long walls.
you do not need a shed. You need a barn :)