Turn off IR when using DS-7608NI-E2/8P?

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the older (?) DS-7600NI-SE/8P NVR. I instructed my friend to get this model, but all that came up was the 4 POE model. At least it was the SE model. When he ordered it the seller said they were substituting the newer/better DS-7608NI-E2/8P. I believe I read that this DVR has less (no) accessibly to camera settings. I tried to access a camera plugged into this NVR but could not get access to the camera settings, like I can on my 7600-NI-SE.

Is there a way to access the cameras plugged into this NVR so we can do things such as disable IR?

Firmware on his NVR is V3.3.4 build 150616

I am logged in remotely if that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

to access the internal menu of the ip cameras connected to the NVR; you can use a PC connected via ethernet cable to one of the 4/8 Poe ports of the nvr!

You can set the Pc with dhpc or with manual settings (in my case with 7608NI-E2/8P/A, I use 192.168.254.1 for gateway and 192.168.254.8 for pc address).
Then open I.E. and go to the IP address of the camera you want to manage and use the ip address assigned from the NVR to that camera.

-Hikv

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the older (?) DS-7600NI-SE/8P NVR. I instructed my friend to get this model, but all that came up was the 4 POE model. At least it was the SE model. When he ordered it the seller said they were substituting the newer/better DS-7608NI-E2/8P. I believe I read that this DVR has less (no) accessibly to camera settings. I tried to access a camera plugged into this NVR but could not get access to the camera settings, like I can on my 7600-NI-SE.

Is there a way to access the cameras plugged into this NVR so we can do things such as disable IR?

Firmware on his NVR is V3.3.4 build 150616

I am logged in remotely if that matters.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4879-HIKVISION-NVR-DS-7616N-E2-8P-3-1-0-us-firmware-Virtual-Host-and-Smart-Event-features?p=47173&viewfull=1#post47173

Summary: Is due to firmware version of your NVR

*Edit* I think 3.3.4 has Virtual Host option. If so, that would be the easiest way to access your cameras. (Configuration > Network Settings > Advanced > Enable Virtual Host)

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Hikv and djangel. I will check jdangel's solution first. I like easy. :)

I just remoted in to his NVR. Virtual Host option is there. I enabled it and now the camera addresses are active links. Thank you!

You both taught me something today. :)