Turn off triggers via MQTT

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My wife does not like getting Notification SMS triggered during storm at 2 AM. Using Blue Iris along with Home Assistant and integrated with MQTT. Is there a way to turn off Triggers via MQTT?

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know if you can use MQTT as I don't think BI can subscribe to a MQTT topic. You can however use HA and the shell command integration to run a curl command to change a profile. Then you can setup a profile in BI that doesn't have any triggers enabled.

I have 2 schedules and 4 profiles, day and night profiles for both home and away schedules. When the home schedule is running I don't get alerts. When I leave home, HA knows this via presence detection and it runs a shell command to change the schedule in BI to away so I can get phone alerts.

So if you have weather setup in HA, you can use that to trigger an automation to run the shell command when there is a storm, rain or whatever weather condition you want occurs.

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know if you can use MQTT as I don't think BI can subscribe to a MQTT topic. You can however use HA and the shell command integration to run a curl command to change a profile. Then you can setup a profile in BI that doesn't have any triggers enabled.

I have 2 schedules and 4 profiles, day and night profiles for both home and away schedules. When the home schedule is running I don't get alerts. When I leave home, HA knows this via presence detection and it runs a shell command to change the schedule in BI to away so I can get phone alerts.

So if you have weather setup in HA, you can use that to trigger an automation to run the shell command when there is a storm, rain or whatever weather condition you want occurs.
Thanks, that is what I ended up doing after finding the curl example. Right now just have an automation that I use, but will definitely look at weather. I just recently moved from Wink to Home Assistant. Home Assistant and Blue Iris and my Google Hubs work great together. I have a lot to learn.