Turret cam install question

htfan

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed that many/most turret type cams have the word 'UP' marked on them (borrowed image from one of @@looneyt2ns reviews)
Screenshot 2021-01-31 182256.png

Does that mean they must be installed such that that section of the cam is actually facing upwards?
Screenshot 2021-01-31 184618.png

Or can they be installed with the plane of the base of the cam actually vertical, as when screwed directly on to a wall? Where the cam would be angled slightly downward and the section with 'UP' actually on the bottom side faced toward the ground?

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can flip the image in the software if you install upside down lol. You can also turn it sideways.

The main reason for that is as you can see in the picture so that you can get to an SD card if installed or the reset button without having to take the whole camera down.

htfan

n3wb
Reaction score
You can flip the image in the software if you install upside down lol. You can also turn it sideways.

The main reason for that is as you can see in the picture so that you can get to an SD card if installed or the reset button without having to take the whole camera down.
Heh heh, I thought I might get laughed at asking that question :rofl:

Yeah, seeing the cover for the SD card slot etc makes sense. I thought maybe 'UP' facing down might mean the cam wouldn't hold its position or something :confused:. Silly me :)