Turret on a pole and rain

hnt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have this pole which I cannot make any longer and a turret cam which is looking just straight.
I have a problem with rain, drops are always blurring the image when it's raining.
If I turn the camera to look lower, then I wouldn't get any face shot on the roof.
Can anyone more experienced recommend me whan I can do here?
It's hard to get PFA200W over here (and I guess I would need to replace PFA204W with PFA130-E in case I get it).

Appreciate any feedback.

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Kikoace

n3wb
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: hnt

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Paul Hacker

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,
I have this pole which I cannot make any longer and a turret cam which is looking just straight.
I have a problem with rain, drops are always blurring the image when it's raining.
If I turn the camera to look lower, then I wouldn't get any face shot on the roof.
Can anyone more experienced recommend me whan I can do here?
It's hard to get PFA200W over here (and I guess I would need to replace PFA204W with PFA130-E in case I get it).

Appreciate any feedback.

This might be a dumb idea but, how about glueing or hook and loop a piece of plexiglass to the top of the housing? This would act as a quasi roof and hopefully mitigate a good portion of the rain drops.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Until a falling tree branch took it down I had a mat black painted piece of scrap aluminum above one of my woods cameras. I just bent one end to give me a 2" flange and just drilled a couple of deck screws into the tree. You could probably do something similar with a large hose clamp. Use 2 holes in the flange to fasten to the clamp and then clamp it to your pole.