Two T5442T-ZE cams, Can't use same path string to connect?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, figured it out. I'll leave this post in case someone else happens to have the same problem.

It was a difference in case for the first character of the ONVIF password. Changed the password and it now works fine using the same path string and with zoom control. No idea why it would work with the blanked path string with the same difference in password. No idea why copying the cam (or creating a new cam) would cause such things to change from working previously. But whatever... ; )

Original post below.
===========================

I got a new black 5442T-ZE (.17 ) to better match to house trim. Swapped it into the same location as an existing 5442T-ZE. Changed the IP address in BI (from what was .19). Works great.

Copied the same cam in BI for a new location of the old .19 cam.

Try to connect - no signal.

Both cams using Generic/ONVIF, RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG64. RTSP Port 554, ONVIF Port 80.

For path, first cam (.17) uses: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Second cam (.19) now will not connect using that same string (even though it was using that previously). Gives No Signal error, RTSP: 404 Not Found.

If I Find/Inspect, BI clears the path leaving only / and it works fine.

BUT using it that way I cannot control the zoom from BI/UI3/app. I can control the zoom using the web interface and know that it was working before the move so no problem with cam. Zoom works fine on .17 (and other varifocal Dahuas I have). PTZ functions are enabled for both.

Any ideas? I can live with either path string but obviously want zoom to work.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a thought, but delete the problem camera from BI, use the rest button in the problem camera then add it back into BI as a new camera.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a thought, but delete the problem camera from BI, use the rest button in the problem camera then add it back into BI as a new camera.
Yeah, I tried that. No change. Tried deleting both and recreating from scratch and still wouldn't work. It's something about the case of the ONVIF password. I noticed it when I looked to check the ONVIF setup in the cam and double checked the password. Changed it to another form that I typically use with the case changed and it started working with the old longer path string.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Stupid question... since it's a new camera, did you make sure that .17 and .19 have the same encoding settings? I mean to say, could it be at the camera and not BI?
Yes, both set the same. The new does have different firmware on it. But the new cam worked fine from the start. It was the old cam that was the problem.

Again what's screwy to me is how I can take a cam that was working under BI with whatever ONVIF and other settings, move it to another location, copy the exact same BI cam set up that it was running under before, and it then doesn't connect. I should have tried to just change the IP back to .19 under the original BI cam as it was first setup to see if that worked. But it's done and working now.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I get it. I was thinking that from a procedural standpoint, I would have cloned .19 and changed the clone to .17, instead of changing .19 to .17 and then cloning - don't know if that would have made a difference. Also, I might have confirmed browser UI connection on both, outside of BI kind of thing.

But hey, you're up and running.
Yeah, normally I would have done it that way too. Knew it would be a few days before I could do anything with the old and wanted to get the new one up and running as things were quickly. Basically just a color change in this case so did it that way. Did try it in browser and SPSS, no problems. Just odd to me. These things kind of do what they do sometimes... :idk: