Two Way Audio Dedicated Speaker?

dbrannon79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been recently looking into a set of doorbell cameras with two way audio for my home. we have two front doors as our house was once a duplex way back in the day. I did find a few that were compatible with BI but I am not sure I want to go this direction.

I setup a couple of old cctv cameras in the places I would have the doorbell cameras to see what the camera view would be like since the front of my house is facing the sun most of the day time. looking at the cameras, I can tell very quickly that the placement for these gives a very bad glare from sun light directly on them in the afternoon not to mention the camera colors go bonkers. After seeing this type of view angle on the cameras, I think I would be better off going with a overhead camera above the door instead. I have already found that I can set a motion hot spot zone and have the alert send a "ding-dong" sound when that zone is triggered. I would however like to have the ability to have two way audio so that I could interact with the person at the door. can BI work with a simple intercom speaker of sorts? Even if one exists with a push button to send an alert through BI too would be nice.