Two Way Audio on UI3 w/Amcrest IP4M-1051

Reaction score
I have installed two IP4M-1051 cameras on my Blue Iris 5 system running UI3. These cameras support two-way audio per the manufacturer. I can hear audio no problem, but I cannot see any audio controls on the UI3 interface other than the volume control. On the BI Apple Ap, I have the ability to do two-way audio, and that works, just not on the UI3 interface. Is there something I am missing (like UI3 does not support two-way audio?).

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm the person who wrote and maintains UI3. Unfortunately, UI3 doesn't support two-way audio for the simple reason that there is currently no communication channel available for UI3 to send the audio stream to Blue Iris. Blue Iris would need to implement an audio listening endpoint using the Web Socket protocol. Then we could set up a system where Blue Iris could receive audio (and probably even video!) from UI3.

So if this is something you really want, you should suggest it to Blue Iris support. User feedback is a strong factor in how he chooses which features to develop. The more he gets a request, the more likely he is to work on it!

Reaction score
AH, THANK YOU for your prompt reply, I thought I was losing my mind and could not figure out why I could not find the mic button :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried two-way audio in the android app, but my only cam that supports it is an old Hikvision 2432 and I couldn't make it utter a sound. That would be another complicating factor if we tried to implement two-way audio in UI3.

Reaction score
Interestingly I tried it in the Apple app and it seems to work just fine, or at least it acted as if it worked. I'll have to play around with it once I get home and can actually hear what is going on.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the Android app and I can do two-way talk, but it was a lot of trial and error on trying different camera settings in BI before it would work. If I recall correctly, I thought I had to not use ONVIF functionality for it to work.

Reaction score
I have the Android app and I can do two-way talk, but it was a lot of trial and error on trying different camera settings in BI before it would work. If I recall correctly, I thought I had to not use ONVIF functionality for it to work.
Thank you for the advice, I will try it out when I get home and let you know my results :)