Ubell db1 uniden video doorbell server

Reaction score
I recently reconnected the router to my db1 doorbell cams and the passwords no longer work. I cannot unbind my cams or readd them to my app. Has something happened in the last few months to the servers?. I had them connected direct to my cam software via onif, but again, password issues. I did not loose the original, it wont take it.
any suggestions.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. Thats exactly what I ended up doing, although they cannot unbind themselves, I sent a request to their supplier. I was going to try the reset password app, but I am not sure it works on my firmware..

ndoggac

n3wb
Reaction score
I just went through the same thing. Uniden was no help really. Turns out my Uniden account was via my phone number rather than any emails (of which I had tried multiple). Once logged in via phone number I was able to unbind., flashed the uniden with the hikvision firmware (place single file on memory card and reboot). Then I used the hikvision connect app to add it as a new device and set it all up on wifi using the QR code shown to the camera, then accessed the web interface over my network (user: admin password: adminXXXXXX where XXXXXX is the verification code on the sticker inside the unit). I tried changing the web config password, which did not work and I had to start all over again - apparently you're not supposed to do that? Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Glad you are having some success. I still have one issue. Since Uniden sold off the camera division they said they only offer limited tech support which isn’t helpfull at all. As you can see, I am a year into this issue and still no help.

I did discover that I must have registered under another email address. Once I used that login email, I am able view the doorbell cams in the uniden one app only. What I really need to do is view them on my blue iris software, but cannot seem to login with the password.
I have 2 questions:
1-do you think since I changed email addresses in the uniden app setting up a new account, is this why the old passwords do not work when trying to view them on other software
2- what version of the hikvision firmware did you use.

ndoggac

n3wb
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you, hadn't had it working in over a year. I have mine running in BlueIris now with the hikvision firmware. Here's the firmware file I used.

Here's what I did.

Logged into the Uniden app and deleted the camera.

Download the "hikvision connect" app and login using the same account login as Uniden. The app is not available in the Google Play store, not sure about Apple store. You could probably make all this work with the Uniden app and firmware, but the BlueIris settings would likely be different.

Unzipped the firmware file (single file only) onto a memory card, inserted it into the camera and held the reset button for 15+ seconds to factory reset it. Walked away for like 10 minutes to let it flash the firmware. If you pop the memory card out then, you will see that it has erased the firmware file, and set up its config & data files, etc.

Use the hikvision connect app to setup the camera using a generated QR code pointed at the camera to tell the camera your WIFI information. You might have to push the reset button for about 5 seconds to get into the "WIFI setup mode" if you've waited to long. It took me some time to get the camera to recognize the QR code, and I moved around a lot, started close, started far away, etc. Coming in from 10 feet away about 6 inches below the camera seemed to work best.

Once set, you can access the camera login at: where xxx is your camera's IP address, you'll have to check your router to see what IP address it was assigned by DHCP. Don't think there's anyway to know the cam's IP otherwise. I set a static DHCP for the camera in the router so it will always show up as the same IP.

login with user/password (admin and adminYYYYYY) where YYYYYY is the "Verification Code" on the doorbell sticker. I don't think you can change this password. I tried and got locked out of the camera and had to start over.

I tested the stream using VLC, added a network stream: rtsp:/admin:adminYYYYYY@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/Streaming/Channels/101

Attached images shows what my BlueIris setup looks like. In the camera's setup via desktop browser, I have 1920x1080, Variable, Highest, 12 fps, 4096 bit rate. You can lower to whatever as needed.

I then deleted the hikvision app, but kept the .apk file to reinstall later if needed. I use a VPN to home and the "IP Cam Viewer" app on my Android to view live, and BlueIris to view past footage, so I don't need it, and also don't really trust it. In fact, I placed the camera on a VLAN specifically for IOT devices, and I blocked internet access for the camera altogether. It's able to update time via NTP from the gateway router on my LAN. In "IP Cam Viewer" I used the same URL as the VLC link above, but without the user/password, as the app separates those fields out for separate entry by the user.

Hope this helps you out, and saves you some frustration. I was ready to throw the thing out, but treated myself to a nice whiskey after I succeeded!

Attachments

Last edited: