UDP Stream as Source

Reaction score
All,

I am trying to see if Milestone has this capability. Hopefully it does, as this shouldn't be that difficult.

I have an odd piece of hardware that is streaming video from a microwave video link to an aircraft. The microwave receiver streams video out via UDP ar RTP and does not care where it sends it, either multicast 239.x.x.x or unicast to the server IP.

I am trying to unicast stream to the server IP at 10.0.1.10:12000. On the server I can use VLC to play the UDP stream by accessing udp:/@10.0.1.10:12000 without a problem and the stream is as clear as day. Now how do I Milestone to pick it up?

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting question. I don't know of a way to create a Camera in Milestone that only has the functionality of a permanent RTP stream. I know I've tuned into streams like that with VLC and with third party "Decoders" like Axis T8705, but never declared it as a Camera in Milestone. In the normal camera config in Milestone, there's no plain way to just set an stream URI, it always wants to add a 'camera' with all the properties and communication of settings and info that a camera connection entails.

It would be a question best put to their sales team. Or their own user form if you have access.

Reaction score
All,

I am trying to see if Milestone has this capability. Hopefully it does, as this shouldn't be that difficult.

I have an odd piece of hardware that is streaming video from a microwave video link to an aircraft. The microwave receiver streams video out via UDP ar RTP and does not care where it sends it, either multicast 239.x.x.x or unicast to the server IP.

I am trying to unicast stream to the server IP at 10.0.1.10:12000. On the server I can use VLC to play the UDP stream by accessing udp:/@10.0.1.10:12000 without a problem and the stream is as clear as day. Now how do I Milestone to pick it up?
You can always try using the Universal Driver to bring in an RTSP stream.

If you can stream it into VLC then it will defintely work in the universal driver as I have done this with non ONVIF devices many times.