UFOs, Extraterrestrials, Advanced Technology and Other Associated Weirdness

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure if we have anyone here interested in the above subject matter. I mostly became interested in such stuff when I witnessed something odd in the clear blue sky of Southern California when I was a teen. It was your classic metallic saucer shaped UFO flying crazily in the sky. It would appear about the size of a dime if you held it at arms length. I came to find out later that my Dad had read the book Chariots of the Gods. I found that topic intriguing. What brave soul here wants to admit there's something odd going on?

Reaction score
What brave soul here wants to admit there's something odd going on?
There is a lot of odd going on. UFO's are real. Anything that is flying and not identified is an UFO, just by definition. Does not have to be extraterrestrial.

That being said, when I was a kid one summer in NH, I observed something in the night sky that to this day seems strange and unexplainable.

No clouds, tons of stars. And this one star-sized object was just moving across the sky. I was laying on the beach and watching it. Thought maybe it was a satellite. Then it made a perfect right turn, 90 degree turn. No arc, just now moving 'sideways'. It traveled in that new direction for a few minutes and then did another 90 degree left turn and continued on its way, finally disappearing behind a mountain.

1677271479040.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
All I know is that anyone who may show interest in this is warned to ease into it. Because when you go down the rabbit hole it's like "holly shit, there's no effing way, my mind is about to explode". Some very strange things said that make it difficult for the mind to absorb. Kind of like the theory we are living in a very advanced AI program and we are nothing more than sophisticate subroutines.

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
A lot of times, atmospheric ducting will cause funny things to be seen. The big thing
now is spoofing any electronic device be it RADAR or especially cameras!
Currently our government WANTS you to believe in this stuff.

I have already lived through the UFO garbage of the 50's and 60's. Ever heard of the high
flying UFO called the U2, A11-10-12 YF11 er is that an SR71? The flying arrow heads now known
as the F-117. Yup I want to believe. :rofl:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
If only this stuff went back to the 20th century. Unfortunately, this goes back hundreds and thousands of years. Not aware of F-117 going that far back. Maybe they have time-machines in those things though. ;) I wish everything that I learned in gubermint and community indoctrination school is fact. But don't believe it is.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm a believer. Way too much evidence in plain sight to not be. How did people lift multi ton blocks so high 4000 years ago to make pyramids? How did multi ton blocks get carved and placed on Easter Island in the middle of the ocean thousands of years ago? It's a little strange that our widespread use of semiconductors happened immediately following the 1947 Roswell crash.

Watch some Ancient Aliens with an open mind. Much of what they show cannot be disproved.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have already lived through the UFO garbage of the 50's and 60's. Ever heard of the high
flying UFO called the U2,
I remember when I was 11 that Francis Gary Powers was shot down over the USSR in 1960, flying a Lockheed U2.

I recall seeing almost daily during the 2 years I worked in Sunnyvale, CA and Mountain View, CA the re-classified, white-painted U2 coming in for landings at NAS Moffett Field at the Nasa Ames Research Center. IIRC, it was performing high altitude mapping services, circa 1974 to 1979.

Ironic, isn't it, that Google is homed right there in Mountain View.....hmmm. :cool:

Reaction score
There is a lot of odd going on. UFO's are real. Anything that is flying and not identified is an UFO, just by definition. Does not have to be extraterrestrial.

That being said, when I was a kid one summer in NH, I observed something in the night sky that to this day seems strange and unexplainable.

No clouds, tons of stars. And this one star-sized object was just moving across the sky. I was laying on the beach and watching it. Thought maybe it was a satellite. Then it made a perfect right turn, 90 degree turn. No arc, just now moving 'sideways'. It traveled in that new direction for a few minutes and then did another 90 degree left turn and continued on its way, finally disappearing behind a mountain.

View attachment 155218
Very similar story. As a 12 or 13 year old outside one night, I was watching a satellite move across the sky. A crystal clear night with no clouds, just watching the thing move against a backdrop of stars. As I tracked it moving ESE past the stars, it went "by" a fairly bright star. Shortly after going past that one and continuing on its orbital path, the "star" began moving -- going WSW at about the same speed in the sky as the satellite I was tracking. The fully stationary object began moving--- I'll never forget that.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
If you look back far you'll see ancient cultures documenting strange events/creatures in writing or art. If you go back to pre-historic times you see cave drawings of normal life, humans, animals and then some objects and humanoids that don't seem to fit in. Some will say that these are nothing more than "stories" like many will say the Bible is just a story. Oddly, the Bible is just an approved collection of books/writings approved by a certain segment of men. There were many of the ancient books that were purposely left out of the Bible. It's easy to disregard all of the above as nothing more than stories. I believe there is a certain amount of truth in all of it as it was interpreted by those who witnessed these events.

Last edited:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The U2 is almost 70 years old. Just imagine what the government has flying up there that we won't know about for years, if ever.
Is there life out there? Sure.
Is there life the way we want to imagine it, flying, breathing, speaking, etc.. doubt it. A single cell organism is life.

But if there is life capable of flying, etc.. out there, the chances of us ever coming into contact with it is very, VERY small.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess none of you have done Peyote. Dang the strangest things!

I have often wondered about those blocks in South America. No problem with the stuff in Egypt, as
they still had versions of Mammoths.

I'll agree the Inca et. al. did some stone masonry and movement without wheels.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you look back far you'll see ancient cultures documenting strange events/creatures in writing or art. If you go back to pre-historic times you see cave drawings of normal life, humans, animals and then some objects and humanoids that don't seem to fit in. Some will say that these are nothing more than "stories" like many will say the Bible is just a story. Oddly, the Bible is just an approved collection of books/writings approved by a certain segment of men. There were many of the ancient books that were purposely left out of the Bible. It's easy to disregard all of the above as nothing more than stories. I believe there is a certain amount of truth in all of it as it was interpreted by those who witnessed these events.
Crazy how all of these ancient stories are all very similar, even though the civilizations had no contact with each other. Sightings of metal "birds" shooting sparks out of their mouths? Cave drawings of creatures with outfits that look like current space suits. Maybe their understanding of technology was so primitive that they could not know or describe what they were seeing. Imagine our great ancestors trying to describe modern day airplanes or cellphones.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ive never heard a good explanation for Roswell. Too many obvious cover up details and no good explanation why, after 75 years what secret could possibly be worth concealing?

I'm firmly in the "I dont know" camp :idk: but leaning towards the "there's something to this" camp.

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The U2 is almost 70 years old. Just imagine what the government has flying up there that we won't know about for years, if ever.
Is there life out there? Sure.
Is there life the way we want to imagine it, flying, breathing, speaking, etc.. doubt it. A single cell organism is life.

But if there is life capable of flying, etc.. out there, the chances of us ever coming into contact with it is very, VERY small.
My thoughts exactly (except I don't believe it's a 'government' but some other uber-power with no budgetary constraints and no flag). I started out a few years ago researching the whole ufo topic. A bunch of books, documentaries, and years later I finally concluded that:

• There is certainly life in the universe other than what's on Earth
  • The ufo/uap sightings are real, legitimate glimpses of technology invented on Earth but not released for general consumption

We live on a small planet in a relatively insignificant galaxy, reducing the likelihood of intergalactic notice. On the other hand, there are some unique properties that Earth possesses that could attract attention. Those, along with the "COME EAT US AND RAPE OUR PLANET" messages that SETI continually broadcasts into the dark night sky, might certainly appeal to any random Greys with either a need to enlighten us primitives or a hearty appetite for what we have.

Concluding this was somewhat of a disappointment because I wanted to think and hope that there was some intelligence out there that would save us from ourselves. In truth I still can't help but hope it exists, but as of now there is to my knowledge no credible evidence of it. Be careful to evaluate what some of these tv show babbling johnny come lately's say... misinformation is the cia's specialty. Take special care to notice that they really say nothing of substance, only innuendos intended to guide thinking (and funding). Let's see, the toilet seats for the new Space Force genderless bathrooms are on special this month, 10 for 5 trillion, what a deal!

Reaction score
As big as the universe is, I just can't believe we are the only 'life forms' in it. No way. Intelligent, well, that's a stretch as we are bound to destroy ourselves every chance we get. I do hope I live long enough for the proof to be made...evidence presented to the public that there have been visitors, etc, etc. That would solve one of my life long dreams...that and finding out how Dolly Parton's fun bags grew so large....I WANT TO BELIEVE!

1677323203474.pngBefore Alien Abduction.......After Alien Abduction......1677323268936.png

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
As some of you have come to understand, I am an Evangelist. The reason I believe there is no ET is simply
biblical. In Genesis the Creation agrees with the "Big Bang Theory" even to the point of the "Cosmic Dark Ages"!
Remember Heavens and the Earth. Note the word Heavens as it refers to more than 1 thing or place.

Next comes the "Cosmic Dark Ages" A little too much neutral hydrogen did not allow light to escape.
So Genesis 3. "Let there be light". And the galaxies and stars burned off the neutral hydrogen.

The next part agrees with the science, as all this shapeless dust congeals and forms earth, water etc.
The best part is down at Genesis 27 when we get made, man and woman.

More fun comes at the end, according to science. Called the "Big Rip", a separation of sorts with a
cold dark lonely forever! But, one has to wonder all the way to the end of "The Book of Revelations"
So no ET. WE ARE SPECIAL, you and I!