UFOs, Extraterrestrials, Advanced Technology and Other Associated Weirdness

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"Opinions are like assholes Taylor, everybody got one" (Sgt. O'neill, Platoon)

And here's mine. :D

I will not believe in extraterrestrial visits to Earth until concrete, irrefutable evidence is presented publicly. Until now we've only seen and heard innuendos, hearsay, fuzzy, black and white pictures, hoaxes, and Hollywood creations. Yes, I will agree that there is technology that 99.99999% of the world has not seen, but that technology has been created and operated by humans.

IMO all of these UFO's UAP's or whatever they're called today have been created by humans from Earth. Why "they" haven't released the technology to the public is because it would compromise their advantage over the rest of us. In chess, the experienced player wouldn't sacrafice any piece unless there's a strategic advantage (or they're intentionally trying to lose). What would the group of humans that created this technology have to gain by giving it to the public? What kind of chaos would be created by allowing people (many that can't even drive an automobile) an anti-gravity vehicle? Granted, it would be an excellent opportunity for entertainment, but ultimately a bad thing.

The cattle mutilations and the like are done on animal assholes by human assholes (excuse my language) to stimulate fear (Fear=$$$$$ for the Military Industrial Complex et al., the root of all evil). Same with all of this bloviation by the likes of former U.S. Army Counterintelligence Special Agent Luis Elizondo, it's all to provoke fear of the unknown so that it will garner support for spending $$$$$ for the US Space Farce. I'm all for space exploration and advancing technology, but we could do without the accompanying BS sales tactics.

The one immutable fact that reoccurs in nearly everything (UFO's or political) I've witnessed in my years is this: It's always ends up being about money.

"And that's all I have to say about that." (Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump)

Y'all take care out there!

Reaction score
I used to live about 20 miles in a direct line from the Camp Pendleton artillery training range. The house-shaking booms were fricking Awesome--- Freedom LOL!!! Anyway-- the "lights" shown on that page look VERY MUCH LIKE Illumination flares fired over artillery targets that freaked out so many people where I lived. I took this pic in 2014...

1685142800332.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently some very buttoned up folks are spilling the beans and a few apparently have the goods...

"We Are Not Alone": US Has Retrieved Craft Of 'Non-Human Origin' Says Whistleblower From Govt. Task Force On UFOs
"We Are Not Alone": US Has Retrieved Craft Of 'Non-Human Origin' Says Whistleblower From Govt. Task Force On UFOs | ZeroHedge

"The non-human intelligence phenomenon is real. We are not alone," Grey continued. "Retrievals of this kind are not limited to the United States. This is a global phenomenon, and yet a global solution continues to elude us."

NASIC, headquartered at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, is the Department of Defense’s primary Air Force source for foreign air and space threat analysis. Its mission is to “discover and characterize air, space, missile, and cyber threats,” according to the agency’s website. “The center’s team of trusted subject matter experts deliver unique collection, exploitation, and analytic capabilities not found elsewhere,” the website states.
Grey said that such immense capabilities are not merely relegated to the study of the prosaic. “The existence of complex historical programs involving the coordinated retrieval and study of exotic materials, dating back to the early 20th century, should no longer remain a secret,” he said. “The majority of retrieved, foreign exotic materials have a prosaic terrestrial explanation and origin – but not all, and any number higher than zero in this category represents an undeniably significant statistical percentage.” -The Debrief
"A number of well-placed current and former officials have shared detailed information with me regarding this alleged program, including insights into the history, governing documents and the location where a craft was allegedly abandoned and recovered," said Christopher Mellon, who spent nearly twenty years in the U.S. Intelligence Community and served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence.

"However, it is a delicate matter getting this potentially explosive information into the right hands for validation. This is made harder by the fact that, rightly or wrongly, a number of potential sources do not trust the leadership of the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office established by Congress."

According to Grusch, it's dangerous for this "eighty-year arms race" to continue in secret because it "further inhibits the world populace to be prepared for an unexpected, non-human intelligence contact scenario."

"I hope this revelation serves as an ontological shock sociologically and provides a generally uniting issue for nations of the world to re-assess their priorities."

There's a lot more in the report. We recommend hopping over and reading it in its entirety here..
Intelligence Officials Say U.S. Has Retrieved Craft of Non-Human Origin - The Debrief

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
But, but, but....we already know everything there is to know about what inhabits our planet so there's no way aliens are here. We would have had proof by now because we know EVERYTHING already.

Reaction score
"Dead pilots"? It's non-sequiturs like this that show just how disconnected these UFO claims are from reality.

We are currently on the cusp of developing aircraft that will be autonomously piloted by artificial intelligence. In twenty to thirty years, we'll have aircraft and spacecraft controlled by human-equivalent minds but without the expense and inconvenience of human bodies. It will make absolutely no sense to send real people to perform hazardous reconnaissance missions that can be handled far more efficiently by intelligent machines.

So why would alien races that are centuries more advanced than us be incapable of doing exactly what we'll soon be doing? The answer, of course, is that the stories of "space aliens" are coming from people who could never imagine a situation where a living being would not be in charge, so that's the story they tell.

Stories of alien encounters, no matter how detailed, always fall to pieces when examined critically in the light of technological progress. Go back and read the story of Barney and Betty Hill and you'll realize that they made up the entire story of their alien encounter in 1961, weaving together elements of popular culture. It's painfully obvious when the aliens show no knowledge or use of anything remotely resembling current technology. The "aliens" are just caricatures of what was shown in TV shows and movies of the day.

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"Dead pilots"? It's non-sequiturs like this that show just how disconnected these UFO claims are from reality.

We are currently on the cusp of developing aircraft that will be autonomously piloted by artificial intelligence. In twenty to thirty years, we'll have aircraft and spacecraft controlled by human-equivalent minds but without the expense and inconvenience of human bodies. It will make absolutely no sense to send real people to perform hazardous reconnaissance missions that can be handled far more efficiently by intelligent machines.

So why would alien races that are centuries more advanced than us be incapable of doing exactly what we'll soon be doing? The answer, of course, is that the stories of "space aliens" are coming from people who could never imagine a situation where a living being would not be in charge, so that's the story they tell.

Stories of alien encounters, no matter how detailed, always fall to pieces when examined critically in the light of technological progress. Go back and read the story of Barney and Betty Hill and you'll realize that they made up the entire story of their alien encounter in 1961, weaving together elements of popular culture. It's painfully obvious when the aliens show no knowledge or use of anything remotely resembling current technology. The "aliens" are just caricatures of what was shown in TV shows and movies of the day.
While I tend to agree with your view on the topic, there are some puzzling episodes that are difficult to explain. One that comes to mind is the Travis Walton alleged abduction. If you have time and interest, there's a documentary called Travis: The True Story of Travis Walton available free on Tubi. On the surface one might think the event they describe is just made-up BS. However, when you see these five men interviewed it's hard (at least to me) to believe they're fabricating the story. They all passed polygraphs at the time of the incident; each of them has suffered rather than profited from their account. I'd be interested in your (and anyone else's) opinion after watching the documentary.

Update: I just remembered that one of the guys was offered $10,000 (back in the 70s that was serious cash) if he would come clean and expose the hoax. He didn't take the money.

Last edited:
Reaction score
While I tend to agree with your view on the topic, there are some puzzling episodes that are difficult to explain. One that comes to mind is the Travis Walton alleged abduction. If you have time and interest, there's a documentary called Travis: The True Story of Travis Walton available free on Tubi. On the surface one might think the event they describe is just made-up BS. However, when you see these five men interviewed it's hard (at least to me) to believe they're fabricating the story. They all passed polygraphs at the time of the incident; each of them has suffered rather than profited from their account. I'd be interested in your (and anyone else's) opinion after watching the documentary.

Update: I just remembered that one of the guys was offered $10,000 (back in the 70s that was serious cash) if he would come clean and expose the hoax. He didn't take the money.
The Travis Walton story is one of multitudes of similar tales, many corroborated by witnesses, of other-worldly (either angels or aliens) visitation with absolutely zero supporting evidence. I dismiss it as I would any tale like it with one simple question: "Why him?" Is there some logical reason why aliens would choose to kidnap that particular person in full view of witnesses? They could learn everything about our language and culture by monitoring TV and radio broadcasts, or the Internet. They could collect all the biological samples they wanted without ever being noticed. And assuming they wanted biological samples, wouldn't they have collected them decades or centuries ago? A hoax is an infinitely more likely explanation.

As to his "witnesses", there are several explanations that would explain their silence: fear, greed, coercion, or embarrassment to name a few. People go to their graves every day swearing to things that aren't true. And if you want a polygraph to mean anything, you shouldn't have it administered by parties that have a vested interest in hearing one specific answer, i.e. the Enquirer and the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization.

I don't doubt there is other life in this universe besides us, but I can only shake my head at people who want to convince themselves that beings hundreds or thousands of years more advanced than us can think of nothing better to do with their time than kidnap random people and torture them for no good reason.

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Travis Walton story is one of multitudes of similar tales, many corroborated by witnesses, of other-worldly (either angels or aliens) visitation with absolutely zero supporting evidence. I dismiss it as I would any tale like it with one simple question: "Why him?" Is there some logical reason why aliens would choose to kidnap that particular person in full view of witnesses? They could learn everything about our language and culture by monitoring TV and radio broadcasts, or the Internet. They could collect all the biological samples they wanted without ever being noticed. And assuming they wanted biological samples, wouldn't they have collected them decades or centuries ago? A hoax is an infinitely more likely explanation.

As to his "witnesses", there are several explanations that would explain their silence: fear, greed, coercion, or embarrassment to name a few. People go to their graves every day swearing to things that aren't true. And if you want a polygraph to mean anything, you shouldn't have it administered by parties that have a vested interest in hearing one specific answer, i.e. the Enquirer and the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization.

I don't doubt there is other life in this universe besides us, but I can only shake my head at people who want to convince themselves that beings hundreds or thousands of years more advanced than us can think of nothing better to do with their time than kidnap random people and torture them for no good reason.
Some aspects of your description of the event contradict what is presented in the documentary I mentioned. For example, you said the polygraphs were administered by some party with an interest in a truthful outcome. According to the documentary the polygraphs were administered by a police official with years of polygraph experience right after Travis was reported missing. As I said, on the surface it sounds like pure, unadulterated BS, but the accounts of those men sounded legitimate to me.

As for evidence, according to the documentary there is some: The trees around the area of the alleged event showed an unusual growth pattern as if affected by radiation. Rather than recount the documentary here, have a look at it yourself for free on Tubi.

On the other hand, maybe the documentary is fabricated. Maybe those guys are actors in the documentary. Maybe the facts presented are BS. All I am saying is that they look and sound like typical guys that experienced something extraordinary. Judge for yourself.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd like to see some really clear photos of a UFO. Why is it always some blurry dot? Or some weird reflective object? Or filmed by someone who can't hold the camera steady? Why are there perfectly clear photos of airplanes and other flying devices but nothing of some alien craft?

Reaction score
I'd like to see some really clear photos of a UFO. Why is it always some blurry dot? Or some weird reflective object? Or filmed by someone who can't hold the camera steady? Why are there perfectly clear photos of airplanes and other flying devices but nothing of some alien craft?
UFOlogy is nothing if not a pseudoscience, and one of the primary characteristics of pseudoscience is that the effect that is claimed to exist fades into the noise as better instruments are applied to attempt to measure it.

The world is awash in portable high-resolution cameras, yet UFOs images haven't changed one bit. They're still just amorphous blobs that can easily be explained away as optical artifacts. However, there is one benefit of everyone carrying a cellphone: you can be quite certain that there will never again be another UFO kidnapping in full view of multiple witnesses, as claimed by Travis Walton. For some strange reason, the aliens will never again attempt it. :)

Reaction score
So why would alien races that are centuries more advanced than us be incapable of doing exactly what we'll soon be doing?
That's simple. They get off on it. Every alien that I have met has been a real sadistic a-hole. They just love showing humans how insignificant they are.

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
UFOlogy is nothing if not a pseudoscience, and one of the primary characteristics of pseudoscience is that the effect that is claimed to exist fades into the noise as better instruments are applied to attempt to measure it.

The world is awash in portable high-resolution cameras, yet UFOs images haven't changed one bit. They're still just amorphous blobs that can easily be explained away as optical artifacts. However, there is one benefit of everyone carrying a cellphone: you can be quite certain that there will never again be another UFO kidnapping in full view of multiple witnesses, as claimed by Travis Walton. For some strange reason, the aliens will never again attempt it. :)
If you read post #42 in this discussion, you'll see what I think of UFO's. Largely my opinion is similar to yours (wtimothyholman) on the whole.

I'll also add that the whole topic of UFO's (or whatever anyone wants to label it these days) is and has traditionally been inundated with, for lack of a better description, nuts, idiots, and morons, most looking for some kind of angle to make a buck. Not everyone, but it certainly has attracted an "eclectic" interest. Even the so-called authorities on the topic appear to be unusual in nature and appearance.

That stated, I watched the aforementioned documentary on Travis Walton expecting to enjoy a good laugh. I ended up being mystified as to how a group of what appeared to me as "regular, ordinary working guys", (like any of us maybe) could not only fabricate such a tale, but then keep their accounts straight between themselves. When they reported Travis missing, they were all under suspicion of murder - it was presumed by police that they'd killed him and hid his body somewhere out in the forest they were working in. (Never mind that the foreman was Travis' best friend). They grilled each of them one at a time and used polygraphs which they all passed. These are regular working guys - yes you can fool a polygraph - we all know that, but it isn't that easy to do without training.

As to what happened at the alleged event site, the eyewitnesses said they were driving out of the forest, it was dusk or maybe just after dusk, and they saw a bright light in a small clearing. As they drove past where the light was emanating, they saw an object hovering a few feet in the air. Travis jumped out of the truck (which was still moving) and ran towards it. Why? Because he was an 18-year-old, I guess. He claimed he heard a really high-pitched sound and then passed out. He was just under the object. Then the eyewitnesses claim that a beam of light lifted Travis into the object.

Their conjecture on the event is that Travis was injured in some way by his approaching the object (such as by radiation) and the occupants of the object took him aboard to "repair" him.

As you're rolling your eyes, I agree it sounds fantastic and made up; I'm probably screwing their account up because it's been months since I watched it.

I'll just say that I didn't get the laugh I was expecting from it. I'll watch it again, maybe it'll be different this time. Those guys appeared to believe what they said to me, though.

Anyone who wants to watch it for free, it's on the Tubi streaming app or your favorite web browser here: Watch Travis: The True Story of Travis Walton (2016) - Free Movies | Tubi (tubitv.com)