UI3 feature idea

curmudgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
Something that keeps coming up for me... I hear a noise or something and want to see what happened.

Would be great if I could pull up UI3, and for each camera I could push a QuickReplay button that would do a 30-second replay. But the replay would be at 5x the speed or something, so that I can see quickly if any action is required.

Should just be a matter of pulling a few appropriate frames over the past 30 seconds from the current recording file (this assumes 24x7 recording of course). Only challenging part is if the file boundary occurred within that 30 second window, because there's no easy way to learn the recording file from a timestamp, I believe.

Just a thought for future consideration.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@curmudgeon Agree, a button to replay the last X seconds at Y speed for the camera group displayed on screen would be nice.

For this to work, I imagine you will need to configure continuous recording for all cameras in BI and not just record on motion only.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've thought of doing features like this before, but they are very tricky and have limited usefulness. Under such limited time constraints, I think people would find it difficult to open the UI and review more than one camera before the event was older than 30 seconds.

In this particular case, I'd suggest making your Blue Iris local console easily accessible so you can use the timeline control. Note that using the timeline to review clips from many cameras at the same time can be extremely CPU intensive so you can't really do it on a heavily loaded system.

One long term (very long term) goal for UI3 is to have a timeline control with similar behavior to the one in BI's local console. Most of the work would need to be done by the Blue Iris developer, though, to enable this, so I really don't see it happening any time soon.