UI3 Jerky in Firefox only on M1 Mac

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone else has this issue?

Just switched to Firefox from Chrome because of the upcoming changes around ad-blocking (And generally not liking Google), everything is good in Windows but in Firefox on my M1 Mac, UI3 is very slow. It works, but after a few seconds of leaving it idle, it will drop a lot of frames. For example skipping from 37 seconds to 40 and dropping everything in the middle

Chrome works fine, but Safari is also slow. Got to be something there causing an issue

I will post anything I find

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Firefox has a buggy HTML5 player. They fixed it in Windows quite some time ago but not on all platforms.

JavaScript is fine if you don't mind it being less efficient. Otherwise I have to recommend another Chromium-based browser like Brave.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully I won't have to switch to Brave, but I may need to. Quite a few things in Firefox that don't work as expected and require a lot of tweaking, and those tweaks don't sync so I then need to remember them and do them on every machine

One of my biggest complaints with Brave unless they have fixed it, is that the bookmarks button is on the left and can't be moved to the right. Drives me nuts!