UI3 Timeout

rwz

n3wb
Reaction score
UI3 times out even though I've set the timeout to zero. I know this problem has happened before. I've got the latest BI version. This problem only started again with the last two BI updates. Any suggestions? Thanks.

rwz

n3wb
Reaction score
I did try clearing my cache in Chrome but that didn't work.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So, you set Idle Timeout to 0

1616524998854.png

And UI3 is still eventually redirecting you to timeout.htm?

1616524961955.png

The only reason this should happen is if your UI3 settings were lost (in which case you'd open UI Settings and find that Idle Timeout was no longer set to 0).

Settings are stored in the browser's Local Storage which means the settings are unique to a particular browser on a particular device. They are not synchronized across multiple devices. Additionally if you ever disable or clear your cookies, this usually includes Local Storage as well, so you'd lose UI3 settings at that point.

rwz

n3wb
Reaction score
So, you set Idle Timeout to 0

View attachment 85296

And UI3 is still eventually redirecting you to timeout.htm?

View attachment 85295

The only reason this should happen is if your UI3 settings were lost (in which case you'd open UI Settings and find that Idle Timeout was no longer set to 0).

Settings are stored in the browser's Local Storage which means the settings are unique to a particular browser on a particular device. They are not synchronized across multiple devices. Additionally if you ever disable or clear your cookies, this usually includes Local Storage as well, so you'd lose UI3 settings at that point.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I set UI3 timeout to 0, but it still logs out. When I close the settings and reopen, it is still set to 0. I also tried setting it another number, such as 120. That didn't work either. Timed out way before 120 minutes.

rwz

n3wb
Reaction score
It actually does not return me to the web interface timeout screen. It takes me back to the BI login screen.

rwz

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, that was me being ignorant. Just needed to reset the auto login to BI.