Unable to access web interface after update

sinoriakos

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently owing an Andowl q-s2000x camera. Everything was working normally until the latest update which (from what I assumed after hours of reading in numerous fora!) blocked port 80. As a result, I can no longer access the web interface - management page of the camera, although I can ping it successfully. R
Resetting didn't work (apparently since it can't roll back to previous firmware version) and every attempt to find more info on the company in order to contact them was unsuccessful. Please note that the app is working normally.
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Currently owing an Andowl q-s2000x camera. Everything was working normally until the latest update which (from what I assumed after hours of reading in numerous fora!) blocked port 80. As a result, I can no longer access the web interface - management page of the camera, although I can ping it successfully. R
Resetting didn't work (apparently since it can't roll back to previous firmware version) and every attempt to find more info on the company in order to contact them was unsuccessful. Please note that the app is working normally.
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
Since you can ping it, run a network scanner tool like Fing , scan your network then go to that cam's IP and do a port scan to see if still has a HTTP port (normally 80) and if so, what number it is after the update. If it's a number other than 80, open a browser to the cam's IP with a colon and then that number.
Example:

Code:
http://192.168.1.108:88

Last edited:

sinoriakos

n3wb
Reaction score
At first, let me thank you for your reply! I will do as advised, ASAP and report back. So, maybe not all hope is lost?
Upd: I did a full scan and no ports are open for my camera!
Now what??

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At first, let me thank you for your reply! I will do as advised, ASAP and report back. So, maybe not all hope is lost?
Upd: I did a full scan and no ports are open for my camera!
Now what??
Sorry to hear that.
If the hard reset did not work and you've double-checked the accuracy of the URL you're using to access the cam's webGUI and no response, you likely need a new cam.

There may be a way to use a Telnet client program like PuTTY and the appropriate serial cable to interface with the camera but there's so much unknown with that brand camera.

It's a bit late now but I'd like to ask: was the camera not working properly or the new firmware was supposed to add a feature that you needed badly?

sinoriakos

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.
If the hard reset did not work and you've double-checked the accuracy of the URL you're using to access the cam's webGUI and no response, you likely need a new cam.

There may be a way to use a Telnet client program like PuTTY and the appropriate serial cable to interface with the camera but there's so much unknown with that brand camera.

It's a bit late now but I'd like to ask: was the camera not working properly or the new firmware was supposed to add a feature that you needed badly?

Thank you again for all your help! Nothing much needed. I just wanted to try out the latest update, to check on the changes it brought, but it seems it broke everything.
May I ask for any suggestions on a new budget PTZ camera? Preferably with Starlight features..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately you've learned a lesson many share here - don't fix what ain't broke. Too many times an update breaks what you had working. There are a few autotracking PTZs that lose auto track with an update, so it is important to know what the update does and what it takes away.

Starlight is simply a marketing term.

What is your budget? That will drive the recommendation.

sinoriakos

n3wb
Reaction score
I am thinking around 70-100 $.
After a lot of research I came down to 3 choices : 1)Imou cruiser (either last year model or the latest Imou cruiser 2), 2) Zosi PTZ Camera, 3) LaView wireless Ptz.
I will take any piece of advice!

hectorman

n3wb
Reaction score
I am thinking around 70-100 $.
After a lot of research I came down to 3 choices : 1)Imou cruiser (either last year model or the latest Imou cruiser 2), 2) Zosi PTZ Camera, 3) LaView wireless Ptz.
I will take any piece of advice!
I registered on this forum since you are also from Greece. I own an andowl q-s4 which was working fine until I changed my router. Now, no matter what I do, I don't seem to be able to connect it to the internet. I use the CareCam application on my Android phone and I've tried all 3 ways of connecting it (scan qr from phone, ethernet, ap). When I use ethernet I can find the camera on the network and some ports are open but the CareCam app still can't find it and I've no way of viewing it. It does have rtsp but I don't know how to view it using rtsp. Here are the open ports:
1687620013332.png

Last edited:

sinoriakos

n3wb
Reaction score
Personally, connecting the camera using the app was pretty much straight forward. I would recommend hard resetting it (unplug power, press reset and plug it back while holding the "reset" button for a few seconds)
After that just follow the on screen instructions within CareCam app.
I will will be waiting for your feedback!

hectorman

n3wb
Reaction score
Personally, connecting the camera using the app was pretty much straight forward. I would recommend hard resetting it (unplug power, press reset and plug it back while holding the "reset" button for a few seconds)
Hi, thanks
I tried that but no dice. I plugged the camera off, hit the reset button on the cable, while holding the reset button in a suppressed position I plugged the camera back in, I heard welcome to use but kept pressing, I heard a Ding sound then let the button free. I then tried connecting it with qr through the carecam app, but it still failed.

sinoriakos

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks
I tried that but no dice. I plugged the camera off, hit the reset button on the cable, while holding the reset button in a suppressed position I plugged the camera back in, I heard welcome to use but kept pressing, I heard a Ding sound then let the button free. I then tried connecting it with qr through the carecam app, but it still failed.
Did you enter the correct wifi credentials? There's a QR Code displayed in the app, which you have to align with the camera lens.

hectorman

n3wb
Reaction score

Did you enter the correct wifi credentials? There's a QR Code displayed in the app, which you have to align with the camera lens.
Yeah the credentials are correct, the camera read the wifi and made a beep sound, it didn't say OK just a beep sound (sometimes it does say OK). But even on ethernet while I can find it on my network the app can't.