Unable To Access WebUI (Did I break it???) IPC-XD400

YunoMoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! Please help.

I was able to access my Hikvision camera WebUI earlier today with a static IP of 192.168.1.5. Its plugged to my computer with a POE adapter, and my computer has an IP of

This was how I configured the camera settings. I got it to work with a Hikvision NVR.

Then I shot myself in the foot??

I accessed the settings once again, attempting to get the camera working with a different NVR via Onvif. I tried to change the Onvif port and then for some reason I
unchecked "enabled" on the "HIK" setting (not sure what it does). After I saved this setting, the webpage refreshed and I couldn't access the WebUI any further.

I can still ping the camera IP, and I could see it with Advanced IP Scanner, but the WebUI does not load anymore. Is there something I'm missing here?

Heres a pic of the setting i unchecked under "HIK"
1000065440.jpg

Thanks,

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why not just perform a hard reset of the camera?
Or try using SADP since your posted image shows the control port is still enabled?

YunoMoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Why not just perform a hard reset of the camera?
Or try using SADP since your posted image shows the control port is still enabled?
Thanks for the reply! :)

How do I hard reset it? There doesnt seem to be a button, and i cant find resources on how to to hard reset the camera.

I got SADP but the camera doesnt show up (and i can still ping it)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How do I hard reset it? There doesnt seem to be a button, and i cant find resources on how to to hard reset the camera.
If it has a door for a microSD card the reset button is usually under that door...rotate the cam body around in its mount to reveal the door, usually on the underside.

YunoMoo

n3wb
Reaction score
If it has a door for a microSD card the reset button is usually under that door...rotate the cam body around in its mount to reveal the door, usually on the underside.
unfortunately it doesnt seem to have a door at all. :( Rotated it a full 360° in its mount.

Is there another way to reset this?

YunoMoo

n3wb
Reaction score
May be inside the cam BUT before you do that try the SADP tool I linked in post #2.
Thanks for the link. Sadly it doesnt seem to be picking anything up. Not sure what im doing wrong.

PC: 192.168.1.10
Camera: 192.168.1.5

I can still ping the camera in CMD when plugged directly to my computer. Confirmed that there are no IP address conflicts through Advanced IP Scanner. Also unplugging the camera stops the ping.

YunoMoo

n3wb
Reaction score
GUYS. IM A BIG N3WB!

This camera isn't even Hikvision! I completely brain farted and saw "Hikvision" as the first word on the camera Amazon page. It said "Hikvision/Uniview COMPATIBLE IP POE Camera". No wonder it doesn't work with SADP.

I'm so sorry everyone haha. Thank you to vanderhaust on reddit for pointing this out!