Unable to connect my Vstarcamera (Solved)

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have a Vstar camera 7816 which I am not able to use with my router.

This is the link for the camera.

C7816WIP HD WIFI Waterproof IP Camera

I have linksys router that is not connected to the internet. I am just using the router to access the Vstarcam.

I have installed the Eye4 application in phone which is the recommended one from manufacturer.

When I try to scan vstarcam in that application it is not able to detect it however when I use another application like tinycam it is able to detect the camera.

I have made two videos please check them here.

Please do help me and let me know how can I fix this problem.

Regards

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No way can I help...your videos run so fast I about fell out of my chair. I cannot tell if you're scanning a QR code or not.
That Eye4 app is likely p2p (cloud access) which probably uses a Chinese server and puts you at their mercy with regards to security, access and possibly future expense.

Under "Support", "FAQs" look for "How to add device" ==>> here

Lastly, I'd pay special attention to "7. How does the cloud storage work" where it is mentioned how to purchase it. :eek:

Reaction score
thanks for your reply and regarding the fast speed what you can do is if you would like to try again there is an option in YouTube where you can change the playback speed of the video you can slow down the video and see everything happening there.

Otherwise what I wanted to point out in the video was that the tinycam application it is able to detect the camera however the Vstarcam app which is the eye4 app is not able to find out the camera it give a message something like connection timeout try again.

Now what I also wanted to point out is that the router that I am using which is of Linksys is not connected to the internet I have just connected one Vstarcamera to it..

Are there any different settings that we need to use on IP cameras with routers which are not connected to the internet.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now what I also wanted to point out is that the router that I am using which is of Linksys is not connected to the internet I have just connected one Vstarcamera to it..
That's likely why the Eye4 app won't work, it's trying to access the cloud which, of course, accessed via the Internet.

Are there any different settings that we need to use on IP cameras with routers which are not connected to the internet.
If camera has a static IP then it must be on the same LAN subnet as the router. In other words, if router's LAN IP is 192.168.1.1, then camera's static IP must be 192.168.1.XXX .
I use unique static IP's that are outside of the router's DHCP pool; if router's DHCP pool is 192.168.2 to .99, I like to use 192.168.1.200 to .250

if camera is NOT static but is set to DHCP then it should be assigned an IP by the router.

Reaction score
Thanks again and really appreciate you trying to help on this. I tried changing the IP address from automatic DHCP to Static but after changing the to Static I was not able to login into the router page.

I thought I will be able to make changes but failed I am attaching screenshots of the router page from my Linksys router can you please tell me what exactly do I have to do here.

[ Screenshot_20190929-214853_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190929-214911_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: