Unable to reset SV3C IP cam

Hackbraten

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was using the model SV-D02POE-1080P for a short while now. I had it integrated into Motioneye and it worked quite fine.
Yesterday, I noticed that the cam doesnt deliver a picture anymore.
Upon inspection, I noticed that the cam also disappeared from the network.
I'm powering the device by PoE. The LED on the cam's Ethernet port lights up, the IR LED's are also lit up.
I was inspecting my network traffic with Wireshark while connecting the cam via Ethernet and I did not find any DHCP traffic.
So I guess the cam is not responding.

I wanted to try to reset the cam with some sort of hardware switch / button / paper clip / etc but couldnt find any possibility.
Does anyone encounter a similar problem or has a solution to factory reset the device?

Any help is appreciated!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All of my searches come up with essentially "no reset button, use their search to to locate and perform a reset" which, of course, is worthless if you can't access the cam via the network.

That being said, when you said "... LED on the cam's Ethernet port lights up, the IR LED's are also lit up.", was this when the cam is in place and being powered by the installed cable?

I ask because I was thinking you might have a bad crimp, bad cable or a very likely a corroded connection at the pigtail...when dismounting you could inspect for corrosion at the pigtail and if it looks OK then use a long cable to bypass the in-place cable; if you don't have a long enough cable then maybe dismount the cam and bring indoors to try a good cable..

Many of us keep a good 100 footer just for that.

Hackbraten

n3wb
Reaction score
All of my searches come up with essentially "no reset button, use their search to to locate and perform a reset" which, of course, is worthless if you can't access the cam via the network.

That being said, when you said "... LED on the cam's Ethernet port lights up, the IR LED's are also lit up.", was this when the cam is in place and being powered by the installed cable?

I ask because I was thinking you might have a bad crimp, bad cable or a very likely a corroded connection at the pigtail...when dismounting you could inspect for corrosion at the pigtail and if it looks OK then use a long cable to bypass the in-place cable; if you don't have a long enough cable then maybe dismount the cam and bring indoors to try a good cable..

Many of us keep a good 100 footer just for that.
Thanks for getting back!
Let me explain:
The camera is not mounted anywhere (yet) as I'm still in the setting up phase. It is sitting on my desk :)
It has never been in active use or was mounted outside or similar.
I got it as a gift from a friend who had it running for about 20 hours (according to him), also insides only.
I dont see any corrosion on the Ethernet port, the PCB or anywhere else. All those component look (at least) perfectly fine.
Of course I tried multiple ethernet cables before creating this post.