Unable to unbind NVR - Error 99 HELP?

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased a used NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) on version 4.30.091 from eBay to help out a friend who needed some cameras.

All factory reset and works, but when I try to use the hike-connect app, it says it's bound to an account. (Image below)

I have tried messaging the seller, and no response. I have also tried using the SADP tool to unbind, but it keeps saying Error 99 "Connection timed out."

I have the NVR plugged directly into my router, and it appears on SADP

c7f8e8a2d04c1c46ef5138c6913c62b2.pngScreenshot_20231026_114526_Hik-Connect.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried to do it on the app one more time and get this message "unbinding the current device is not supported" Screenshot_20231027_132307_Hik-Connect.jpg

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont wanna sound rude, but have you ever checked what I wrote in previous post? You haven't answered me nor implied have you downloaded older version of SADP

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I dont wanna sound rude, but have you ever checked what I wrote in previous post? You haven't answered me nor implied have you downloaded older version of SADP
My apologies, yes my gate way is set to 192.168.1.1 and I haven't downloaded a older version of SADP I will try that, thanks for the quick reply.

Even when trying to unbind from the NVR itself I get "error unbinding timed out"

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you access web gui of NVR? If yes, please go to:

Network->Advance Network->Platform Access

Enable it, change verification code and save.

Does it state Status:Online? If yes try to unbind now

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have done all that it says registration status "online" but still getting the same error code 99?

5fe1a91cd28fd0e3bc2d4d8790e171f7.png
Can you access web gui of NVR? If yes, please go to:

Network->Advance Network->Platform Access

Enable it, change verification code and save.

Does it state Status:Online? If yes try to unbind now

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can see that u run new SADP, since Short serial is added to new releases. Let me help you locate older SADP tools. Firstly uninstall this version and install this one:

Please try this and feedback me

Now says "Failed" haha don't know if that's better or worst?

c7f8e8a2d04c1c46ef5138c6913c62b2.png

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, now i know what we deal with

For starters i can notice that your serial number starts with number. This can mean 2 things.

Its either so old device(one of first K series releases) or it is from different region. Usually stated in long serial number up there:

1698517626463.pngIt should be declared as WR for WORLD region, if its CN it could be one of reasons why unbinding does not work.

Secondly as i mention on start due to older NVR, it was added to Hik-connected that is still bound to that old protocol because you probably did not factory reset NVR after upgrading it. Perhaps factory reset it will push it to new protocol cloud backend and you will be able to unbind it successfully

Please dont get me wrong, i know you stated in first post you factory reset and all, but first post contain different NVR than you try to unbind here. Hence what i wrote above.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If that does not help, if it was my NVR id try downgrading firmware to previous and retry the process.

I dont have other ideas anymore. Atleast not something you could do. I suppose setting up a VPN is good alternative to access your video. Or paid solution to bind nvr via ISUP on hik-central

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, now i know what we deal with

For starters i can notice that your serial number starts with number. This can mean 2 things.

Its either so old device(one of first K series releases) or it is from different region. Usually stated in long serial number up there:

View attachment 176351It should be declared as WR for WORLD region, if its CN it could be one of reasons why unbinding does not work.

Secondly as i mention on start due to older NVR, it was added to Hik-connected that is still bound to that old protocol because you probably did not factory reset NVR after upgrading it. Perhaps factory reset it will push it to new protocol cloud backend and you will be able to unbind it successfully

Please dont get me wrong, i know you stated in first post you factory reset and all, but first post contain different NVR than you try to unbind here. Hence what i wrote above.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes you are correct my original post is about a 4 channel NVR. But looking online I could see people saying the device is too old and wont be able to be unbinded. So I purchased this 8 channel unit of eBay (obviously not a good idea due to all this messing around but my friend need a cheap set-up)

So anyway, I have just factory reset this 8 channel NVR and still getting the same error code. "Failed"

11.png

That the device full serial number if it is any more help, I have just also tried to unbind from the NVR and it just says "Unbinding timed out" and using the hik-connect app it says "unbinding the current device is not supported"

Attachments

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok it say RR instead of WR meaning its probably Russian Region and not World Region

1698519259116.png

Click on that Setting button up there, select russia and try to unbind again

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Shame, this seemed like really good try. Only thing you could really do which is a longshot. Use VPN client and connect to russian server and try to unbind it again. But yet, connecting to VPNs can be security unwise if its not verified VPN provider.

Who know what rules might've changed since war started, so perhaps unbinding russian models wont work from EU servers.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And if that fails, disable Hik-Connect in device so nobody can see your NVR and look for alternatives. Good luck

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And if that fails, disable Hik-Connect in device so nobody can see your NVR and look for alternatives. Good luck
Thanks for trying to help out ill try and email Hikvision but because I purchased it on eBay I doubt they will help me. And thanks again :highfive:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They cannot remotely help you(even if they would which is a longshot again). We get here and there devices that cant be unbinded(due to old protocol). They need hardware on site to be able to unbind it. Either RMA or local Hikvision office