Unable to upgrade firmware on DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 camera

Connectome

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The last time I updated the firmware on this camera was using the TFTP-Update which was successful.

I am unable to update the camera with the latest firmware using a USB stick via my Hikvision NVR, I have also logged into the camera itself and this fails with an error message "Upgrade Failed". I have also reset the cameras to defaults and tried to upgrade this via the iVMS-4200 3.7.0.5 Client.

I am really stuck and not sure what to do next.

Attachments

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That looks like the wrong firmware.

That E7 whereas your camera is R7.

Connectome

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Attachments

Connectome

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Upgrade worked when I used that 5.6.11! Thanks :)

Only problem is I cant remote to that camera now, even from my NVR so I will jump on it with a USB stick and finialise the update and get back to you.

Thanks for your help so far

All done, thanks! Using latest firmware - how did you know it was an R7?

Last edited:

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Upgrade worked when I used that 5.6.11! Thanks :)

Only problem is I cant remote to that camera now, even from my NVR so I will jump on it with a USB stick and finialise the update and get back to you.

Thanks for your help so far

All done, thanks! Using latest firmware - how did you know it was an R7?
It says it on the picture you attached :)

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DONT UPGRADE! You will lose wifi to cloud option! Downgrading will now work only with UART port force

b166erobot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello all sorry for my english, is using google translate. I didn't quite understand the speech.
I have this model DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 which I updated via this link /19-E7%20series%28DS-2DExxxx%28S6%29%2CDS-2DF6xxx-CX%29/DS-2DExxxx%28S6%29/5.7.11SP/IPDE_E7_EN_STD_5.7.11_220905.zip
i did right?
Or did I have the wrong firmware?
now I have the firmware 5.7.11_220905 but the motion detection doesn't work for me, and I don't know what to do I'm afraid of blocking the camera.
Thank you

Attachments

b166erobot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I solved my problem myself and I'm sharing the solution here.
Go to the configuration, events, motion detection menu, go to links and enable the enable recording flag A1. Thus the motion detection began to work.
I hope it can help someone.
Greetings

alex25paul

n3wb
Reaction score
I solved my problem myself and I'm sharing the solution here.
Go to the configuration, events, motion detection menu, go to links and enable the enable recording flag A1. Thus the motion detection began to work.
I hope it can help someone.
Greetings
Hi, Can you please attached the link to the firmware ? It is something strange. Becose i have same camera same model and my version is R7 and the last firmware for me is 5.6.18 and for same camera but E7 the last firmware is 5.7.1...

Attachments

Last edited: