Unhappy with my setup, looking for "best" camera recommendation for my needs

Reaction score
do not sell or get rid of your 5231's. They still can serve a purpose as they were king of the hill a couple years back. Still fantastic for night time duty. I upgraded my critical front facing cameras to the 5442's and repurposed the 5231's to sides and backyard.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Some reading for you -

The 5442 series of cameras by Dahua is the current "king of the hill". They are 4MP and capable of color with some ambient light at night. The 2231 series is a less expensive alternative in 2MP and does not have audio capabilities, no built in microphone, but is easier on the budget. The 3241T-ZAS has similar specs as the 2231 and has audio. There are also cameras available from the IPCT Store right here on the forum and from Nelly's Security who has a thread in the vendors section.

Review - 8MP 1/1.2" sensor full color camera

Dual Sensor 4K

5442 Reviews

Review - Loryata (Dahua OEM) IPC-T5442T-ZE varifocal Turret

Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ Turret

Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Turret, Full Color, Starlight+)

Review: IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI - Dahua Technology Pro AI Bullet Network Camera

2231 Review
Review-OEM IPC-T2231RP-ZS 2mp Varifocal Turret Starlight Camera

3241T-ZAS Review

hifiaudio2

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks folks for all of the tips. I cant really mount them lower as they are in the eaves and I dont want to run wires down the side of my home. But it sounds like there is a good bit of tweaking that I can do, most of which I didnt even know about.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see a downspout you could run some outdoor rated behind and get a better vantage point. There are always ways to make it happen cleanly.

Compare your image to @samplenhold - you will get top of hoodies and he gets the face....

Reaction score
I cant really mount them lower as they are in the eaves and I dont want to run wires down the side of my home.
I don't blame you for not wanting to run wires down the brickwork. You could keep that cam right there and use it as an overview cam. I have a couple of those and they have been very helpful.

So maybe trying to find a way to mount one on a lower eve, like in this position?

1660626362795.png