Unisight - Dahua OEM Vendor - Any Experience

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand experience with Unisight the Company as well as the hardware/software,firmware? They are a Dahua reseller under the Unisight brand and I have a distributor trying to get me to switch from LTS usage to them but I'm apprehensive. On the surface the pricing is great but I'm looking for anyone with first hand feedback on them (Cameras and NVR).

Thanks,

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand experience with Unisight the Company as well as the hardware/software,firmware? They are a Dahua reseller under the Unisight brand and I have a distributor trying to get me to switch from LTS usage to them but I'm apprehensive. On the surface the pricing is great but I'm looking for anyone with first hand feedback on them (Cameras and NVR).
Knowledge is key, what I would suggest you is have a closely look at reviews/videos of "real" dahua NVR/camera gear. And kindly ask them to do a "demonstration" of their systems, as you have some "advanced" questions (for example: how many tripwires can their NVR handle per camera, can they define object size and if so: is this done per pixel, motion detection done with sensitivity, what is their firmware roadmap upgrade policy (3m/6m/never) etc). If they hear you are indeed asking "professional" they might be tempted to show it. Then you'll see first hand what the potentional differences are.

Good Luck!
CC

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar thanks for the suggestion - I'm pretty familiar with all that as this isn't just a hobby for me. They actually have better advanced/SMD features than the standard LTS line, I'm really looking for first hand "Hey, I had there stuff and it was rock solid" or "Hey, there RMA process is trash", that sorta stuff. Appreciate the notes though for others that may take something away from it.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar thanks for the suggestion - I'm pretty familiar with all that as this isn't just a hobby for me. They actually have better advanced/SMD features than the standard LTS line, I'm really looking for first hand "Hey, I had there stuff and it was rock solid" or "Hey, there RMA process is trash", that sorta stuff. Appreciate the notes though for others that may take something away from it.
Sorry, don't have experience with the brand an sich.

Good luck!
CC

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

Thanks,
Will they let you testdrive their VMS? Most legit companies will let you try before you buy.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@zero-degrees did you ever receive any tangible feedback?
I did not, so I just went with the sapphire line at LTS again. Figured wasn’t worth the risk - I also got an extra 10-15% off due to the size of my order so it was about a wash to any potential savings