Uniview NVR with Dahua IP Cameras, what did Uniview set as the password?

6paq

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with a UNV NVR, I have installed a Dahua 8mp IP camera (without reset switch) to a uniview NVR, both are brand new as in the camera hasn't been initialized and the UNV has the default password of 123456.
I switch on the NVR and wait for to see if the Dahua camera picture shows up as I haven't initialized it. The camera shows up and I proceed to log into the NVR, I enter "123456" and change the password to "abcd.1234". The camera works, but I don't know what the camera password is. When I look at the camera section on the NVR, I can see 9 asterisks in the camera password section which corresponds to the password I just entered.

The problem I have is, when I disconnect the camera from the NVR and try to access the camera using my pc, I can see the login screen but I seem to get the user/password wrong until it locks me out for 300 seconds, I have tried all sorts of combinations such as:
admin/admin
admin/abcd.1234
admin/123456
I've also tried 888888/888888, and the above combinations with "default" as the user name. nothing gets me into the camera menu. I forgot to mention, the ip camera's ip address has been changed to 172.16.0.6 automatically.

It seems like UNV NVR has initialized the camera and also set a password for it, I need this password but have no idea what it is, it isn't the password that I set for the NVR.

I've given the above example but I have 15 cameras to sort out with this problem.

Reaction score
Username “admin”
Password "Ipc123456"

Someone answered this on a different website but because I have a Uniview NVR I wrote it down but can’t remember if it’s L or I for intellegent for the first letter of password, from the copy and paste it seems to and an i and I feel it might bad short case too. Pls test and rely results thanks.