UNV indoor cube camera

alimo11

n3wb
Reaction score
When I started here I didn't know anything about networking so I started small with 2 UNV indoor cube cameras that I purchased here at the ipcamtalk store. Followed this dual NIC guide and got everything setup with a $15 unmanaged gigabit switch and blueiris on my old gaming pc. Now that I've had it up and running for a while I wanted to expand a bit by adding an outdoor bullet cam and using a poe switch instead, as I won't be able to power this new camera where I'd like to install it.

Changing out the old switch with this poe switch I got from amazon, and I can't seem to get the indoor cameras to turn on with poe. Do they just not support poe? Can't seem to figure out where that may be mentioned in the camera manual or anything online. They work fine on this new switch while powered individually, but at least one of them I was hoping to use poe and move to a better location. Any help is appreciated. I still haven't received the bullet cam I ordered so just trialing poe for now before I have to install this super long run for the outdoor cam

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alimo11

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome thank you! That makes perfect sense, I can't believe I didn't realize it before. I even came across a wiring diagram showing a poe splitter on some devices but obviously didn't understand what that meant. Appreciate it!