upated to 4.3.3.0 and cameras look funny sometimes pic inside

albone3000

n3wb
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

ever since the latest update when i make a change to camera properties the color bars stay up much longer than they used to, and sometimes the camera comes back looking like the picture above. it usually corrects itself on its own. anyone else having this problem?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 10097

ever since the latest update when i make a change to camera properties the color bars stay up much longer than they used to, and sometimes the camera comes back looking like the picture above. it usually corrects itself on its own. anyone else having this problem?
Restart the camera after making changes to vpp. Seems to work for me.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's what my Hiks look like when iframes don't match fps. If you're running your camera at 20fps then make sure your iframes are also set to 20.

albone3000

n3wb
Reaction score
Im pretty sure all my cams are on 10fps and 10 iframe but ill double check. Thanks for the tip.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also check and see if you're running it on 50hz (PAL)....I think I remember one of my cameras acting squirrely like that on 50hz; had to switch it over to 60hz (NTSC).

albone3000

n3wb
Reaction score
double checked and everything is 10fps 10iframe and ntsc.

anyone know what default is for hardware decoding?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
double checked and everything is 10fps 10iframe and ntsc.

anyone know what default is for hardware decoding?
I believe the "default" setting in the camera>video tab causes the selection made in options>cameras to be the default. Selecting "Yes" in the camera interface will also enable hardware acceleration even without enabling it in options>cameras. It became available when hardware decoding was released on Jan 7th with 4.2.8 I believe.