Update Request - EPTZ

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Mike / BI Team,

Can we please request a future update to BI for EPTZ support as these cameras are selling like hot cakes and I can only see this being a hot request going forwards:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@CCTVCam - Mike is not BI...

And the BI team (one person Ken) does not review this forum. You need to reach out to BI support per the directions in BI help file to request this.

@weigle2 - Shut your mouth LOL - we don't need to start seeing up charge options lol. If this is easy to do and a lot of people request he will add it.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully free but I would guess if anything this might be a reason for a version 6 at the worst when it comes to charging. At least that would seem to be a fair outcome especially if other features are already lined up for a 6. £20 for the upgrade plus other improvements wouldn't be a bad worse case scenario but as Wittaj says, free would be better. :)

As for it's implementation, if it can be done on a an NVR with limited processing power, it can certainly be done on a PC. As I see it, it's nothing more than a script setting up an additional stream from that camera and telling the software to apply a fixed digital zoom centred on the tracked object.