Updated firmware on SD59225U-HNI, now no auto tracking

Eagleeye

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I updated my SD59225U-HNI firmware software 2.600.0000.3.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build2017-06-30 to V2.812.0000007.0.R.E4.2512.3S.NR Build 2021-07-06 and it appears that there is no auto tracking. I’m missing the menu under PTZ - function- intelligence where auto tracking would be. I own two of theses cameras each has a different firmware installed from the factory . I know people say if it’s not broken don’t upgrade but I wanted the camera to act more like my other one with the newer firmware Date 2019. The pictures below is what I have now firmware wise and what my PTZ - function has. Can I re-flash the firmware to a different version?
thanks.

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm learning on here that 2 identical part numbered cameras, can have motherboard differences....( supply chain issues) just like a running assembly line change at General motors.......You still get a Silverado....but somethings been changed internally.
I hope you can revert back with some help from the guys here, but I'm not the expert on reverting firmware....
Sometimes Andy's ( empiretech ) cameras have unique firmware with auto-tracking....and going to Dahua's site will quite often remove features that Empiretech had included....
So as annoying as it is to have variance in the 2 cameras menu looks/ features etc.....
You would have to really seek out firmware infformation and opinions on the forum to glean the best infomation available before you change firmwares.....
I'm quick to jump to the next version of Windows,,,,,and sometimes it bites me in the ass......

Eagleeye

n3wb
Reaction score
Update, I was going through the camera settings and when I hovered over smart plan it said auto tracking so I clicked on it and answered the question it asked then I went outside to cut the grass and sweep the leaves and when I was done doing that I decided to look at the video footage and to my surprise the camera was following me back and forth when I was cutting the grass.