Upgrade firmware for an DAHUA NVR5208-4ks2

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please help me to upgrade with the latest firmware for my DAHUA NVR5208-4ks2.
I mention that I currently have a firmware from 2017. I attach photos with the software version.
I searched the DAHUA page (Dahua Wiki) but I'm not sure if the firmware version found is correct
I downloaded the following versions. Which is correct?
DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_NP_V4.000.0000000.1.R.20190809 . zip
DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000006.0.R.20190223 . bin
and some older ones :
DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.215.0000000.1.R.20170901 . rar

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

Reaction score
I would look through @EMPIRETECANDY vendor section of the forum, for the latest, as well as older firmware versions for your NVR. Be aware, there are some problems with going to a newer firmware, so read through all the threads before upgrading your machine.

My NVR, the NVR5216-4KS2 model, is on the same version as yours, and it is running rock solid. Prior to going to this version, the NVR would reboot on almost every IVS event trigger. It was a well know problem initially, and the newer firmware resolved the problem. I would be cautious about upgrading, unless you have a specific problem, or want the newer features that 4.0 provides. With 4.0 you get AI functionality, and that right now, I don't need.

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would look through @EMPIRETECANDY vendor section of the forum, for the latest, as well as older firmware versions for your NVR. Be aware, there are some problems with going to a newer firmware, so read through all the threads before upgrading your machine.

My NVR, the NVR5216-4KS2 model, is on the same version as yours, and it is running rock solid. Prior to going to this version, the NVR would reboot on almost every IVS event trigger. It was a well know problem initially, and the newer firmware resolved the problem. I would be cautious about upgrading, unless you have a specific problem, or want the newer features that 4.0 provides. With 4.0 you get AI functionality, and that right now, I don't need.
I do not know what to say. The NVR is purchased from Aliexpress, it has all the Dahua logos. It looks original. The seller has guaranteed that it is the original Dahua. I wanted to update firmware with the thought that it will be accessible by Firefox or Chrome (latest versions) but I read in the link received from you that it does not yet support the plugin.
Is this upgrade worth it? So far I have had no problem with NVR. I have it for 2 years
Thanks.

Reaction score
I do not know what to say. The NVR is purchased from Aliexpress, it has all the Dahua logos. It looks original. The seller has guaranteed that it is the original Dahua. I wanted to update firmware with the thought that it will be accessible by Firefox or Chrome (latest versions) but I read in the link received from you that it does not yet support the plugin.
Is this upgrade worth it? So far I have had no problem with NVR. I have it for 2 years
Thanks.
I would not update firmware, I would try other browsers first. Have you tried Pale Moon or even IE 11 or earlier versions? I have had great success with Pale Moon, and yes, for some camera/NVR firmware versions, you will still need a plugin to display the video. Upgrading firmware is always a crap shoot. It may fix a problem, but introduce others that are more serious. It's always the old rule "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and those can be words to live by. You need to make the decision if it's worth it to you. Nobody else can.

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, thank you for the advice. I'll think about whether I do it or not.

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried Pale Moon or even IE 11 or earlier versions? I have had great success with Pale Moon, and yes, .....
I tried just now Pale Moon but unfortunately it requires plugin both NVR and each IPcam
In vain do I install plugin. That does not open image
I can open image only in Chrome with Easy Viewer.

Reaction score
I tried just now Pale Moon but unfortunately it requires plugin both NVR and each IPcam
In vain do I install plugin. That does not open image
I can open image only in Chrome with Easy Viewer.
Yes, install the plugin. Not all the Dahua cams support (yet) viewing the video stream without the plugin. You will need to install the plugin via an instance of IE on a PC. The NVR most likely will not allow you to do it.