Upgraded Camera Firmware in NVR and now locked out of Cameras

Reaction score
Hey all,

Long story short, I bought a new AcuSesne NVR, the DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S because my old one, the DS-7616NI-Q2/16P cant do smart events, I thought switching would be easy, well, its been a nightmare.

I ended up getting the cameras online on the new one, but then decided to update the IP cameras firmware to the latest, so I went to here (2 cameras) DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) and here DS-2CD2123G0-I(S) (5 cameras) to download the latest firmware, and updated them. That worked, all was fine.

Then, I decided to update my AcuSense new NVR to the latest firmware on Hiks website V5.03.000_240428, this is where the problem started.

Once done, I only had video feed from my 1 plug-and-pay camera (1 of the 2 DS-2CD2347G1-LU cameras I have) and the other 6, nothing. I entered the camera passwords as I knew them, and it kept saying there were invalid.

I'm pretty sure updating the firmware somehow changed the passwords on the cameras, because the passwords that worked before now all say invalid.

I further verified this by plugging back in the old NVR. Somehow, all the cameras still were live. But, I know the camera passwords changed because when I went to test and change the cameras passwords on the old NVR, it said my current camera password was wrong. So it did change. I do not know that NVRs master password as ADT set it up, so I could not do the option to view my IP cameras passwords, if only it were that easy.

So, im not sure why the plug-and-play camera works on the new NVR with the old password, but at least it works. Im not sure why all my other cameras dont work with what I know was the camera passwords before updating the firmware, but they still remain working fine on the old NVR, I cant view what password that NVR is using for them because I dont know that NVR admin password, and I know they changed because I cant use the old password to change the camera passwords.

Ive tried 12345, 123456789, 123456789abc, etc. Nothing works. Updating the camera firmware mustve changed the passwords, which saved to my old NVR, but I need them in my new NVR. Right now I emailed Hik the XML file for the old NVR from SADP tools in hopes they will reset it for me, which will allow me to click the show camera password button on the old NVR.

Are there any suggestions as to what this firmware update changed my camera passwords to, or how to get them working on my new NVR?

Thanks!

Reaction score
They took NVR password.
If you’re saying the cameras now use the new NVRs password, I tried that, didn’t work.

Need to find anyway to reset my camera passwords, or get my old NVR password so I can click the view password button. No idea how to do that, otherwise I won’t get these cameras back on.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is yet another lesson about not updating firmware unless you have a compelling reason. Besides "just because".
If it aint' broke don't fix it.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2347G1-L has a reset button in side the SD slot on the side wall, to use remove power from the camera, push reset button and hold for 30 seconds or more after reconnecting power to camera.

From the other cameras data sheets they should also have a reset button.

Good Luck.

Last edited: