Upgraded from version 4 to 5; Mobile Android App shows thumbnails but crashes when accessing camera remotely via WAN

Deno

n3wb
Reaction score
No change to cameras, router or gateway..worked flawlessly with Version 4. Upgraded to version 5 via extended support which effectively had me install version 5 and then remove 4 (per instructions I did not remove all the settting/data files when uninstalling version 4)...
Everything works like a charm over wifi (via LAN) but when I turn off wifi ( i.e WAN mode via remote access), it logs me into the app and I can see all the cameras, plus clips.
When I try to access any camera it trys to load but then crashes and takes me back to the login screen. Any troubleshooting help is appreciaed
here's what I have done so far:
1) Verified that my port (81) is accessible
2) Went through all the settings option, including remote access wizard (passes); under user, I have enabled "remote management"
3) verified it happens redardless of which camera or camera group, so it is a global and not a camera specific issue - this lends me to believe it is some setting in Blueiris that is different/or got changed, but I have looked at all setting options

If it works at home via wifi but doesnt work correctly when I am trying to access my network from outside, I am inclined to think it has something to do with router settings, except I use Plex and it works fine (multimedia server which I can access and stream content remotely from my NAS) and can access my NAS remotely so I don't think it is a port forwarding issue. My router sits behind AT&T gateway and does all the routing for the network.
Anyone else saw this issue? Appreciate any help on this.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't port forward, use OpenVPN.

Deno

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't port forward, use OpenVPN.
ok..thx for the suggestion...will try