Upgraded NVR

Aomega001

n3wb
Reaction score
I have DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P, and as IE 11 is no longer viable and Hikvision's own software is memory hungry I decided to add all of my other IP cams onto it. Therein lies the problem, I had too many cams, so I decided to buy another NVR, a DS-7616NI-K2 / 16P, and sell the 8 channel one once I am all set up. What I would like to know please is, is it possible to transfer the device parameters from the old NVR to the new including camera parameters? And will that stop the new NVR from having to initialise the HDD's from the old NVR? Any help would be greatly received.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IE is still viable...and you will likely find that using IE is still going to be the preferred browser on a new 2024 unit as well...

Aomega001

n3wb
Reaction score
IE is still viable...and you will likely find that using IE is still going to be the preferred browser on a new 2024 unit as well...

How have you got IE 11 to work? It has been disabled on Windows 10 completely, instead it diverts to Edge and no form of file renaming in IE11 can stop it, I did manage to keep IE11 going for about 6 months after it was first disable by renaming a folder to .old, but with the latest update they have managed to close that loophole. I have tried everything short of installing Windows 7 to dual boot to, which is definitely not desirable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, many of us here are still using IE in both Win10 and Win11.

Did you try the "fix" I posted?

Other ways include:

Change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1512.48\

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Or this way:

Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu

Internet Explorer via W11

Aomega001

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I did as that was the way I initially solved the problem the first time Microsoft tried to force the use of Edge, but as I said after the last windows update they closed that down, and now it always diverts me to edge. IIRC IE11 was only still viable to corporate settings as a lot of their software for shipment/billing and pay still use IE11.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you on home or pro edition?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange. Post this in the first thread I linked to get additional eyes on it and see if anyone else experienced this.

And like I said, we have seen many threads here even this short year already showing that brand new devices still perform better on IE, so if upgrading your NVR strictly because of the IE issue you are experiencing results in the same issue, now you out money for the same problem! If you wanted to upgrade anyway, then that is different.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I did as that was the way I initially solved the problem the first time Microsoft tried to force the use of Edge, but as I said after the last windows update they closed that down, and now it always diverts me to edge. IIRC IE11 was only still viable to corporate settings as a lot of their software for shipment/billing and pay still use IE11.
I just loaded up a fresh install of Win11 on a computer and tried the fix above and have IE.