Upgraded to Amcrest AD410 from Ezviz db1 observations

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently upgraded from the ezviz db1 to the amcrest ad410. I have it set up to record in blue iris. I have 13 camera recording, with 5 of them are wireless. The doorbell was within 20 feet of the AP.

Reason I switched, the db1 was constantly disconnecting. According to blue Iris, it was disconnecting on average 7-8 times per hour. Further the app was hit and miss on connecting, rarely got notifications on the doorbell ringing. From what I have read all these issues are pretty common. I had it for over a year.

So far with the ad410, I am extremely happy. Last time I reset the counters on blue iris, after 13 hours, it has zero disconnects. Crazy thing, usually I will get some disconnects with the other wireless cameras, they are also sitting at zero! I think the ezviz was dragging down the performance of my wifi.

I run a unifi network and all the devices experience seem to have gone up. It's pretty apparent that the ezviz was a drag on my wireless.

I am extremely happy with the operation, I get immediate notification when the doorbell rings. I also really like the human detection as it give me immediate notification on someone at the front doorb or delivary of a package. The app works really well so far. Hopefully my experience will continue.