Uploading files from Blue Iris to AWS S3

jaypes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

I have some tools to use this but was wondering what everyone else is using (or not using) to upload files from NVR to a cloud storage provider.

Currently using CloudBerry Explorer (free) to grab files from NVR directory and upload to S3 at scheduled times

Cheers
Jaypes

peterfram

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like your idea. Ideally you'd want a task to upload the files as soon as the recording process completes. I'm sure there is something out there can auto-upload new files instantly. In fact SyncBack might be able to do that through one of its many options.

Right now I have BI write files to my Google Drive files folder and the Gdrive background desktop app auto uploads to Google Drive as soon as the clip recording stops. I use FireDaemon to keep the gdrive always running as a service no matter what happens. It fail-safe over the past year or more. When I auto-delete from the BI archive based on age or storage limit, the files auto delete from gdrive as well. Works for me since I already have a bunch of gdrive storage quota for other business reasons.

jaypes

n3wb
Reaction score
I did look originally at Google Drive as I also have it for business, its set at 30Gb for me across all google apps products whereas I have a work account with AWS and storage is unlimited (for a fee of course)

I am able to schedule jobs with CloudBerry, will do a little more tinkering and post back on results

ASFx

n3wb
Reaction score
I like amazon cloud drive much more than google drive because of the unlimited storage. I use https://www.odrive.com/ to automatically sync my clips from a folder on my computer to the amazon cloud. The free version of odrive only lets you sync a single folder, but that's all that's needed. I set my clips to cut every 1 minute since I record only on motion. That way the individual files only take a couple seconds to be uploaded, which makes it so i'll still have a copy in the Amazon cloud in case my computer were to ever be stolen.

josalamanca007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Currently using OneDrive new sync client.

Symbolic link to BI "NEW" Directory.

Recording on motion, large video clips take bit longer to upload.
Largest clip I have synced is 1.85GB. (Video Clips split at 1 hour or 1.9 GB)

SharePoint's max file size is 2 GB.

My upload link is 30 Mbps.

This is what my traffic looks like:
traffic02.png