USB cam disappeared--

CCroft

n3wb
Reaction score
About two days ago my single USB cam (Logitech 920) disappeared from BI after working for more than two years. The cam drivers are current. I've tried out several other webcams I have laying around (inluding a Windows-branded one rather than Logitech), but I get the same "No Signal Error 80070005 () 1000" with all of them.

I'm running Windows 10 and BI Release 4.8.6.3 x 64

Any ideas?

CCroft

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I skimmed that thread before posting this; I wasn't sure what if anything was applicable today since that thread was summer 2017. The logitech drive one guy in that old thread recommended using (13.80.853.0) is the one that is still showing as the "current drive" for my logitech 920 camera.

Also tried another guy's advice in that thread to "enable audio channel" (not sure why this would matter), but same error message.

I had a Windows update on the computer running BI yesterday, but the cam had disappeared the day before.

CCroft

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI: I get the same error when I try my old USB "Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000," so this issue isn't just limited to the several Logitech USB cams I've tried...

CCroft

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep...I have two IP cameras running as well, and they are running/working fine. I'm only having the error with any USB cam I try to connect.