USB Camera Light?

glennemay

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way in BI to disable the light on a USB camera that indicates it is recording?

I know through Windows software it is possible. But have yet to figure out how to do it in BI.

Thank you.
Glenn May

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

I know that some IP cameras allow you to log into the cam's embedded webGUI to disable certain LED indicators; I have 2 older Trendnet IP cam's (circa 2013, 2014) that allow you to do that.

I would think that the USB cam's manufacturer would provide setup software that might possibly address that...or it's get out the black vinyl electrical tape...I prefer 3M's 33+ !

glennemay

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

I know that some IP cameras allow you to log into the cam's embedded webGUI to disable certain LED indicators; I have 2 older Trendnet IP cam's (circa 2013, 2014) that allow you to do that.

I would think that the USB cam's manufacturer would provide setup software that might possibly address that...or it's get out the black vinyl electrical tape...I prefer 3M's 33+ !
Either you are a genius, or I am a dumba__ Voting on a combination personally. Really did not thing to install the Logitech software for that. lol

Thank you.