Use NVR and blue iris poe diagram

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
awhile back someone posted a diagram on how to use NVR and Blue iris at the same time. a reference to the post would be great . Thanks again for all the help. Blue Iris baby steps.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many use their existing NVR as the POE switch and bring the cameras in from the NVR.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras.

OR depending on your NVR, in BI it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown.

OR if all your cameras are connected to a POE switch, as long as you have an extra open port, you can connect the switch to the BI computer and bring in each camera separately via esch IP address.

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did the find/inspect and I populated the IP for the NVR. When I add it I am able to see the video, however I only able to see camera 1 not all 6 cameras. The nvr originally assigned the cameras 10.1.xx does that matter

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That doesn't matter that the cameras are on the 10.x.x.x subnet.

You have to do the "add camera" for each camera, so repeat process 6 times and then try the pull down in BI to select the next camera or select a different camera number from that add screen.

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yeah I just needed read your directions o few time for it to sink in .

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
follow up question when I am setting up my Dahua 5241ez12 for apr. I have code project installed and running. when following the directions in blue iris I went into camera settings, triggers and there is not a heading that says artificial intelligence. am I in the wrong area for setting this feature up? any help would be appreciated

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ok I guess I figured it out. I just need to slow down and watch some videos thanks for your help