Using BlueIris to access camera settings

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I able to use BlueIris to access camera settings? If not, can anyone tell me if there is a universal app for doing so? For example, if I wanted to change the IP address, system time on the camera, etc.?

I'm playing with a few of the Top201s and also have a couple new cameras from LTS. I would prefer to learn one program to manager all of my camera settings.

lanep82

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I able to use BlueIris to access camera settings? If not, can anyone tell me if there is a universal app for doing so? For example, if I wanted to change the IP address, system time on the camera, etc.?

I'm playing with a few of the Top201s and also have a couple new cameras from LTS. I would prefer to learn one program to manager all of my camera settings.
To my knowledge, you can really only change your IP camera settings through the actual camera setup within your network. it will be something like http://192.168.1.xxx:port

I used an app called 'fing' on my iphone to detect what devices are connected to my network and then I go to internet explorer and put in the addresses to locate the camera.

Once you locate the cameras IP address within your network, you can login with admin pass and then change settings in there like the things you listed above.

To further help, what type of camera do you have, make/model?

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got a few of the TOP201s, with a couple of Cantonks and LTS cameras on the way. Can you Telnet ore SSH into the cameras access the settings? Or will I need to use each manufactures provided software?

On the TOP201s, I have to use CMS to access the settings in English. If I try to access the camera via the IP address directly, I'm shown Chinese language with less admin options.

Reaction score
For LTS cameras (not sure if it works for other cameras), They have a IP discovery tool that aids you in locating the cameras IP and also allows you to change the network settings without having to log into the camera's directly. You can download it from the LTS website > support > downloads. It is called the Platinum IP portal.

Hikvision also makes a similar tool called SAPD.