Using POE switch with Dahua NVR

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried to find the answer using search, but didn't find.

I have a 8 port Dahua NVR - NVR4108-8P-4KS2.
A POE switch TP-Link TL-SG105PE.

I want to use the POE switch to avoid running new cables to the NVR, that is, want to use the POE switch as a "spliter" that will provide the power to the IPCs and provide the link to the NVR.
Currently there 4 IPCs connected to the NVR each IPC with its own dedicated Ethernet cable connected to the POE port of the NVR.
My plan is to install a POE switch and connect it to the NVR (using a cable that is now connected to an IPC).
Then, I will connect the old IPC and 2 new IPCs to the POE switch (instead of running two new cables to the NVR).
1. Is it possible?
2. Is there any risk, since both the switch and the NVR ports are POE ports?
This is the current network diagram:
1690558592293.png
This is the after:
1690558883734.png

Note, that I intend to connect one of the NVR POE ports to the POE switch.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried to find the answer using search, but didn't find.

I have a 8 port Dahua NVR - NVR4108-8P-4KS2.
A POE switch TP-Link TL-SG105PE.

I want to use the POE switch to avoid running new cables to the NVR, that is, want to use the POE switch as a "spliter" that will provide the power to the IPCs and provide the link to the NVR.
Currently there 4 IPCs connected to the NVR each IPC with its own dedicated Ethernet cable connected to the POE port of the NVR.
My plan is to install a POE switch and connect it to the NVR (using a cable that is now connected to an IPC).
Then, I will connect the old IPC and 2 new IPCs to the POE switch (instead of running two new cables to the NVR).
1. Is it possible?
2. Is there any risk, since both the switch and the NVR ports are POE ports?
This is the current network diagram:
View attachment 168774
This is the after:
View attachment 168775

Note, that I intend to connect one of the NVR POE ports to the POE switch.
No.....your NVR has a dedicated LAN network port on it, so that needs to connect to the TP-Link switch in addition to the LAN network cable from your router. All five ports on the TP-Link switch will be populated when you add the three additional PoE cameras. The eight NVR LAN ports are channels for cameras, they're not a LAN hub or switch. Regarding PoE, you can connect a non PoE network device to a PoE network switch port without any risk because it won't draw any PoE power from the switch. The switch only provides PoE power to connected devices that can support it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.