Using Synology & Blue IRIS Concurrently

azoutlaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings! I am so glad I found this site, and this is my first post.

I have been using Synology for a few years now for my IP camera needs....but I would like redundancy and to play around with Blue Iris.

My question is, would I have any issues using both systems at the same time? Would the camera have any issues recording to both units?

My cameras are all fairly modern (mostly Foscam units)

Appreciate any advice

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Simply comes down to if the camera can support simultaneous users pulling two streams at the same time.

You would need to pull the specs of the cameras and see if it can support two at the same time.

And it will be critical to make sure your network is setup properly to not have bottlenecks - for example do not run the cameras thru the router. They should be a on a separate switch and your VMS systems connected to same switch.

azoutlaw

n3wb
Reaction score
This camera says max user access is 20. Assuming this is the spec I am looking for? Thanks again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While it may support 20, I bet real life is much less LOL.

Two shouldn't be an issue, but I remember someone here was trying to do 3 simultaneous on a camera that allowed 10 and it would fail on the 3rd one.

azoutlaw

n3wb
Reaction score
While it may support 20, I bet real life is much less LOL.

Two shouldn't be an issue, but I remember someone here was trying to do 3 simultaneous on a camera that allowed 10 and it would fail on the 3rd one.
Yeah 20 sure seems like a stretch LOL. I guess I will give it a try and see how it does. I really want to get some experience with Blue Iris (and use my synology as a backup).......as I already have the licenses.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could try running multiple instances of VLC, one for each camera on system that's on the same network, to test it out...