Using The Dahua IPC-B5442E-Z4E As A License Plate Camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is another picture taken last night of the plate that has been hard to read. I think it is slightly clearer in this picture. This is from the camera in the tree that is closest to the road. The plate reads DZIL PWR

LP4 6-26-23 DZIL PWR.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Still not very reflective. Old/dirty and/or banged up plate I'd guess
You are right, it is not. However, since you suggested to up the IR, I have done so, and it is now at 100. I think it did make a slight improvement in this case. The other plates really "pop" with the IR set at 100. Compare to the photo in post 17.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
For those following this thread and thinking of using the Dahua 5442E-Z4E as a license plate camera I want to add some more information. That is that cameras LP1 and LP2 are at their maximum zoom distance. Also I have raised the HLC on camera LP2 to 75. It is the one most affected by headlights and brake lights.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For those following this thread and thinking of using the Dahua 5442E-Z4E as a license plate camera I want to add some more information. That is that cameras LP1 and LP2 are at their maximum zoom distance. Also I have raised the HLC on camera LP2 to 75. It is the one most affected by headlights and brake lights.
And for those keeping score, how far away are the cars at that point? Because above a certain distance, the 2MP Z12E will be the better choice.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok so if one of you smart programmer/electrical guys could work on the relay…..
@bigredfish Although your suggestion is very effective, you have to reset it after each triggered event.

Alternatively, you can configure any PC (i.e. BI5 PC) send a desired audio file, via the audio jack, to these 2 items:

The first link is a package of 2 audio amps. You only need 1 since speaker is mono output, but very loud.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.