V5 Stability Issues

SteveN1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had a few questions on v5. I am new to cameras and blue iris, and trying to avoid the headaches of an unstable release. A few people have been asking if the consensus is that the v5 problems are caused by an upgrade to v4, or may also exist in a fresh install of v5.

Anyone have an opinion/suggestion here? I'd gladly hold off on blue iris whilst things settle down if it is indeed a problem with fresh installs as well.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If your install isn’t complicated in terms of setup then I’d personally go for a fresh and clean install of the OS and BI. I did take exports before using BI and directly of the registry keys but I just reconfigured all my cams from scratch and haven’t seen any issues.

SteveN1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's what I'm tempted to do. I've got a clean install of the OS on a dedicated PC. Looking for some kind of certainty (at least as much as you get in software) because this is a remote home location, and once set up in the next few weeks I won't be able to access the hardware again for at least 6-9 months except through the VPN.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Had a few questions on v5. I am new to cameras and blue iris, and trying to avoid the headaches of an unstable release. A few people have been asking if the consensus is that the v5 problems are caused by an upgrade to v4, or may also exist in a fresh install of v5.

Anyone have an opinion/suggestion here? I'd gladly hold off on blue iris whilst things settle down if it is indeed a problem with fresh installs as well.
Be sure to turn off auto update in BI.
Shut down auto update as much as possible for Windows...see google.
Have remote desktop setup on your BI pc.