Very bad color with DS-2CD2332-I - cold temps?

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this issue? The color is awful, but it is still operating, meaning if I walk into view, I am visible in the video stream. I have multiple of the same camera, DS-2CD2332-I, mounted under the eaves on my house. Several worked without issue for over a year, including through last winter. One added this past summer has started having a bad color display issue. I am speculating it is related to the cold, though we are well within the specifications for operating temperature. This stated happening over the last week or so, as freezing temperatures have finally hit here in Michigan (we had a warm Nov-Dec). Initially the color would come back to normal for periods, but now it has stayed bad for a few days. Night IR images seem normal. I've tried reboot, and reset, with no change. Firmware is V5.2.5 build 141201.

I'll take the camera down, let it warm, and see how it works indoors. I'll post an update with my results, but wondered if anyone has seen this, or perhaps a known solution.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Eric

Backdoor.20160102_105138.jpg

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I haven't had this problem at all with any 2332 cams and it's been pretty cold here. If you purchased it from Frankie/ LTS I would RMA it.

Reaction score
UPDATE: After letting it warm up inside, I plugged in the ethernet cable and the camera works just fine, so the cold seems to be the issue. I purchased via Amazon from 3rd party seller SafeGuard Designs. I see a recent review there stating "Amazon and SafeGuard Designs are NOT authorized Hikvision resellers. BEWARE! NO Warranty!" so I suppose I have learned a lesson.

When you say "Frankie/ LTS" are you referring to http://www.ltsecurityinc.com ?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes. Milkisbad is a member/ LTS salesman on here. Everything from LTS that I've purchased to include hard drives carry a 3yr warranty. That is why I purchase all my equipment from them.