Video clip corruption on 5.2.6.1

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone else here seeing this:

Annotation 2020-04-23 200407.jpg

Also had this happen on 2 other cameras (all Dahua running h.264 same as always) using BVR. This started with 2.6.2.0 I have since rolled back and so far issue has not returned yet. Here is another example:

Annotation 2020-04-24 080832.jpg

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz [26%]
RAM: 2.90G/14.9G
Clips: 10226 files, 6.93T/6.93T
Storage: E: +175.6G, F: +174.9G

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Update: Since updating to 5.2.6.3 this issue has gone away. :)

Reaction score
I had this issue with video corruption just start happening within the last week, and updated the Intel graphic drivers and that seems to have fixed the issue. I do not have a monitor connected to the system that BlueIris is running on. I had hoped that installing the newest BlueIris updates would resolve, but it doesn't appear to have. Currently running v5.2.7.2 on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 with the latest Windows Updates installed. Had installed the latest BlueIris update last night after seeing multiple cameras have the problem (both wired and wireless). Had been restarting the cameras through BlueIris and manually and the problem would re-appear. I will update this thread if the problem returns.

I also noticed a couple cameras (my cameras are all different, have Foscam, Amcrest, ReoLink, Onwote, GW Security) were ghosting as mentioned in another forum posting ( BI Camera ghosting/artifacting after a couple hours of normal recording ) which is a new issue as all of my cameras have been working pretty well for the last 4 or 5 months since moving to a dedicated desktop computer. This issue is not resolved and am ordering a couple HDMI emulator dongles to try.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
when I was experimenting with variable vs constant bitrate, max bitrate, and hardware acceleration (HA) I had similar recorded clips. live view looked fine, but when played back the video was junk.

using a variable bitrate and low bitrate value and not HA enabled live and recorded clips were OK. enabling HA the clips would have the effect as seen in your attachments.

I presumed there was too little data for HA to work with and the effect appeared. changing to a constant bitrate and slightly higher max bitrate would allow me to enable HA and have a clear (normal) recorded clip.

may or may not be related to what you're experiencing, but thought I'd add what I had come across with various settings.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
It's still there. On mine, it's where I have the zones marked off. Take off your trigger zones and then record and see if it makes a difference. It isn't doing it on same setup on my Ver 4 but it is on Ver5