Video clips becomes distorted

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I upgraded to V5, all my videos become distorted when playing them back in BI. There is distortion at the top and wherever there is motion there is a “tail”. Attached is a video of this. However if I try to save the clip to my phone in the BI app, the distortions are not present. I would rather not have to do this to every clip I view. Any ideas? I have rebooted the computer.

Imgur link

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You'll need to supply a lot more information than this. Camera make, model, frame rate, iframe rate, bit rate, encoding, hardware acceleration come to mind. System configuration, processor, memory, processor utilization. I've seen this type of problem with lower end cameras, such as Reolink/Foscam and it is due to their firmware limiting iframe, frame and bit rates arbitrarily combined with hardware acceleration in many cases.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Along with the ^^^info requested, are you using the sub-stream option in BI? What version of BI? Are you recording continuous or only when triggered. Does this issue occur if you are using UI3 or when at the BI Server? This seems to be from the BI app, which looks to me like a data throughput issue. Your connection speed is not keeping up with the video data rate.