Video Detection Issues

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got three Amcrest cameras that are set to record on motion, however the motion of the three camers i on water, which any wave action seems to trigger recording, even when there are no boarts making the waves, or the boats have long since passed.

Is there a way when watching a recording to know what caused it to trigger? I've set the motion detection settings as "tight" as I can but anything higher in sensitivity or lower in detection causes more recording of nothing, anything less causes major events to be missed. Would be nice to know what caused the recording so I can fine tune the settings even more.

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you record continuously or set a pre-trigger time?
I could record continuously, but then my SD card would fill up fast with 22 hours of not much happening that I care about...Then it gets really hard to tell when something happened....

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I could record continuously, but then my SD card would fill up fast with 22 hours of not much happening that I care about...Then it gets really hard to tell when something happened....
If you record 24/7 AND call for some notification in case of motion trigger, you could look at what caused the trigger. You then know the times when your cam triggered on motion. Now look at what happened before. I thought that was your problem?
Once you have optiomized your settings, you can turn 24/7 off again.

Last edited:

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you record 24/7 AND call for some notification in case of motion trigger, you could look at what caused the trigger. You then know the times when your cam triggered on motion. Now look at what happened before. I thought that was your problem?
Once you have optiomized your settings, you can turn 24/7 off again.
I could do that, but what I was hoping for was a way when looking at the detect motion overlay that it would flash or something telling me which portion of the overlay was causing the motion detect.

I don't really see a point of recording 24/7 and motion detection, just do one or the other and it will likely catch the same thing...