Video Feed Cuts out on Mobile Devices

CateP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi--New to this forum and hoping someone can help. We have a web cam feed here:
http://www.wcycnh.com/web-cam.html

The live video feed is fine on a computer, but times out and disappears in about five seconds on iphones, ipads and other mobile devices. Anyone have an idea why or what I should check?

Thanks in advance.

Cate

deenski

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had it running on my nexus 5x for about 10 minutes now. Sure looks nice outside! (I bet it's colder than it looks). Not sure about solutions to the problem, just submitting my input.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its called Wireless, and your shoving that club.jpg file at device at an absurdly high rate to make it seem like its a video, when its just a bunch of static images.

perhaps offer a half resolution version of club.jpg for slower/weaker connections? or a drop down to select framerate..

your problem is thats a very high bandwidth site, and if you want mobiles to work with it on mobile networks you need to also support low bandwditth modes.

CateP

n3wb
Reaction score
Its called Wireless, and your shoving that club.jpg file at device at an absurdly high rate to make it seem like its a video, when its just a bunch of static images.

perhaps offer a half resolution version of club.jpg for slower/weaker connections? or a drop down to select framerate..

your problem is thats a very high bandwidth site, and if you want mobiles to work with it on mobile networks you need to also support low bandwditth modes.
Thank you. Excellent advice.