Video lag when moving between presets / autotracking on a sd49225

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have 2 of these cameras and one of them is glitchy and lagging when moving between presets and when autotracking. The other camera was doing this for a while but stopped after rebooting a couple times. Now its happening on my more integral camera and im really hoping I dont have to factory reset it. I have spent 100s of hours customizing everything and im not sure what would be lost with a reset.

I have not done anything with the software in the 12-15 months ive had them installed. Am I supposed to be following any updates and updating these cams?

sd49225

Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DO NOT UPDATE THESE CAMS FIRMWARE.....You will lose autotracking as it was stripped from future firmware!

Sometimes they just need a good reboot. Trying powering it down for 30min or so and see if it clears out the cobwebs.

How are they being viewed - BI, NVR, etc.? as an update or change on that end could be causing it as well.

Is there an SD card in it? If so, reformat it as maybe it is full and the camera is hesitating just enough figuring out how to delete something to override.

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
DO NOT UPDATE THESE CAMS FIRMWARE.....You will lose autotracking as it was stripped from future firmware!

Sometimes they just need a good reboot. Trying powering it down for 30min or so and see if it clears out the cobwebs.

How are they being viewed - BI, NVR, etc.? as an update or change on that end could be causing it as well.

Is there an SD card in it? If so, reformat it as maybe it is full and the camera is hesitating just enough figuring out how to delete something to override.
Thank you, I will be sure to not update firmware OR factory reset. I do see factory default as an option, and several months ago Andy suggested I try that when my other cam was lagging, but a Reboot resolved so I never did.

I use BI primarily but using IE/Chrome direct to the native video produces the same lag any time the camera has to move.

No SD card, I have them just too lazy to grab the ladder... The recorded video shows the same lagging issues otherwise I might not bother with it since the recorded footage is whats important.

*Edit to add - Since the recorded footage has the glitches and delays, not just the stream I believe that rules out internet/bandwidth being the issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A factory reset is fine, just make sure you write down all your settings first!

If it is in the recorded footage in BI, then it could still be internet/bandwidth issues and BI is simply recording what is being fed to it.

If you have hardware acceleration turned on, turn it off and see if that improves the performance - this has been causing issues for many people in recent BI updates.

Maybe delete the camera from BI and see if it becomes responsive in the IE camera GUI. Some of us have seen that BI has turned MD on in this PTZ, so you could definitely have some issue in the interface between the two causing this.

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
A factory reset is fine, just make sure you write down all your settings first!

If it is in the recorded footage in BI, then it could still be internet/bandwidth issues and BI is simply recording what is being fed to it.

If you have hardware acceleration turned on, turn it off and see if that improves the performance - this has been causing issues for many people in recent BI updates.

Maybe delete the camera from BI and see if it becomes responsive in the IE camera GUI. Some of us have seen that BI has turned MD on in this PTZ, so you could definitely have some issue in the interface between the two causing this.
Thanks again for taking the time to try to help.

Im going to start with the path of least resistance... Easiest to most difficult. I should go ahead and install those SD cards and test if the glitches record to those as well. Its laggy when viewed directly through a browser, other 4 cameras are perfect. I have 1g/1g service and ran the cable myself, but anythings possible.