View BI Cams in TinyCam

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello; I am trying to view my BI cams within Tiny Cam Pro using my Nvidia Shield.
I have installed TinyCam Pro and added the BI server IP port 81 and I am able to see the Camera Index.

how would I be able to view each of my cams on their own as well? I am not able to click on the cams within the index view.

I was reading that if I change to channel from 1 to 3 then that would display my first cam. Is that accurate? If that is the case, would I need to add new camera entries under manage camera all pointing to the BI server IP and just keep changing the channel?

Is there a better way to do all this?

thank you!

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have to add each camera you want to view individually. There is a copy function on the camera settings that makes it easier. Just copy the camera you have working and change the channel number and name accordingly.

I forget where exactly, but there is a list of all your BI camera channels somewhere in tiny cam. The channel numbers are a bit random looking but actually correspond to when you added the camera.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to add each camera you want to view individually. There is a copy function on the camera settings that makes it easier. Just copy the camera you have working and change the channel number and name accordingly.

I forget where exactly, but there is a list of all your BI camera channels somewhere in tiny cam. The channel numbers are a bit random looking but actually correspond to when you added the camera.
Thank you! The copy option was really helpful.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should try using Button Mapper app. I mapped a button on my remote (rewind long press) to have TinyCamPro launch. It's very convenient when watching a show on Sheild... just long press the button and Tinycam pops up. I have my home automation system announce when there is a vehicle coming up the driveway, so I just quickly switch to the cameras to see whats going on.

I would say that you need to close out tinycam with the exit button on the app, or BI CPU utilization stays elevated.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats a neat feature.. I ended up using the built in custom setting for the menu button and when I double press it, TinyCam pops up instantly!

Does the button mapper app allow you to map a button to "kill" an app?