View NVR output on AppleTV

sackboydad

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion on how I can view my NVR on AppleTV. I've got a late model Dahua. All I want to do is see what the HDMI sees, except the HDMI is on the other side of the house from where the main TV is. I don't need to control anything since the default output of the Dahua is a 9 multi viewer. I just want this multi viewer to stream out and be able to be picked up by an app that can decode that.

There are a lot of things in the Dahua that I've never seen before -- and let's face it, Dahua isn't exactly killing trees making manuals. Multicast? Register?

Any ideas? Thanks!

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion on how I can view my NVR on AppleTV. I've got a late model Dahua. All I want to do is see what the HDMI sees, except the HDMI is on the other side of the house from where the main TV is. I don't need to control anything since the default output of the Dahua is a 9 multi viewer. I just want this multi viewer to stream out and be able to be picked up by an app that can decode that.

There are a lot of things in the Dahua that I've never seen before -- and let's face it, Dahua isn't exactly killing trees making manuals. Multicast? Register?

Any ideas? Thanks!
The only thing I’ve come up with (without blind purchasing an ATV app) is to use the iPhone or iPad iDMSS app and mirror it via AirPlay to the ATV4K. It works and is free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If no joy from @msnow 's suggestion and you're willing to pay $10 for an app (Webcam HQ), the DahuaWiki has instructions entitled "View Camera Feeds via Webcam HQ" wherein it states "....These instructions will show you how to pull a video feed from a Dahua device, and display it from your AppleTV using a paid application called Webcam HQ - CCTV Viewer. "

To clarify, the instructions take an RTSP stream from a Dahua NVR or camera, test the build of the stream's URL with VLC and once it works with VLC you put that URL into AppleTV to play the stream. Also, your Dahua device would need to be on the same network subnet as the AppleTV.

I do not have AppleTV nor can I attest to the operation of the above instructions, just found via Google and I have some faith in info found on the DahuaWiki.